I Need Help, I Dont Know What I Should Do.

Baking By mishlove Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 3:21am by pinkflower1212

mishlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mishlove Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 20

My Mom volunterred me to make cookies for this bake sale they are having. She wants me to make the Logo of the city. Below is a copy of the logo. I have only decorated cookies with sugar cookie icing. What I am having a problem with is the writing on the cookies, White is not going to show up on the dark colors for the writing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should do this cookie?

Thank you so much
LL

19 replies
verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 20

Do it with an edible image over icing (Toba's glace or RI)

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 20

Don't know how much time you have to do them, but how about cutting out fondont or RBC letters on top of RI. Also there's the edible image route. Lots of very talented CC cookiers that have done logos, maybe PM them.

mishlove Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 20

How would I do an Edible Image?

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:26pm
post #5 of 20

Can you somehow getthat image onto edible rice paper and then just put it ontop of a cookie?? I love using the edible paper on my sugar cookies its so easy!! Good luck!!

HTH,
Kim

shiney Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 20

I've never done it, but it's some special printer and paper, maybe you could borrow one in your area.

ShaunaCann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunaCann Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:34pm
post #7 of 20

Check the grocery stores around you. There are two around me that will print them. I think they are like $10 per sheet.

jennicita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicita Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:55pm
post #8 of 20

Why do the writing???
From the looks of the logo, it might work well to divide the colored part into 3 sections = 3 square cookies. Then do a third of the cookies with the blue/red combo, a third with the green/pink combo and a third with the purple/yellow combo. And of course a white squiggle through each.

This keeps it a lot simpler for you, the link to the logo is clearly visible and the cookies could be packaged in a way that reflected the whole logo.

For cookies you've been volunteered for, I think that's a great solution. The writing would just detract from it all, anyway. Too busy.

Just a thought! Hope it helps!

Jenny

mishlove Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:03pm
post #9 of 20

Thats an idea about not writing the logo on the cookie. Now how would I do the white line through the colors, do I wait till the colors are dry or will the white show up if I do it when the icing is wet?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:33pm
post #10 of 20

If you get those printed from a bakery, you might have to have permission to use the logo, since it's probably copyrighted. Just a heads up!

shiney Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:46pm
post #11 of 20

do your white RI line first, let it set, then put colors on either side. Similar to how I did this cookie, I did the mouth with black RI, then filled in the colors.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1276652

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:46pm
post #12 of 20

If you have permission then a bakery will print them. The bakeries in my area specifically say "we don't print copyrighted images" you may need written permission.

that logo looks really hard and I would go the edible image route...good luck!

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 6:01pm
post #13 of 20

I'ld say go for edible images- nice and simple.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 9:14pm
post #14 of 20

I completely agree. You get every single detail, color, etc with the EI and there's no piping or worrying. There are some here that said the Walmart by them sold EI's. You may want to google or ask around your area to see who can do it for you. Good luck!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 11:25pm
post #15 of 20

I don't see why the white writing wouldn't show up on the dark color. ?????

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 12:28am
post #16 of 20

Just a question...is this not a duplicate post? Didn't someone do this logo just a couple of weeks ago?? I swore it was on this forum that I saw it...

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 12:32am
post #17 of 20
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:41am
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caike

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-651880.html

Ok I wasn't nuts - it was from you!

I don't think it was a duplicate post. This post is from the Sept 15th and the one you linked from the 16th just showing her finished cookies not asking the questions as this one did.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:47am
post #19 of 20

i personally wouldn't be questioning how I was going to be doing the cookies....i'd be asking mom how SHE planned to do them. NOBODY VOLUNTEERS MY TIME.

pinkflower1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 3:21am
post #20 of 20

I think the idea with NO writing is great! If you don't need it I would do that. If you were associated with that city, you would know it was their logo. If the writing is a must, I'd do a wafer/rice paper on NFSC or even an Edible Image.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%