Malaysian Or Singaporean Cc Bakers!

Baking By tujy Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 1:58pm by Ursula40

tujy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tujy Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:02am
post #1 of 9

hi,

I am looking for a store to buy those pleated souffle cups for baking in. from what i've seen online they are everywhere in malaysia and singapore. can someone recommend an online store (or even ebay store) that would sell internationally for a good price? i have found 1 place but i think the price is pretty high - almost RM10 for 20 cups - is that how much it normally costs?

8 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:06am
post #2 of 9

EbayAU had pleated cups in various sizes:

http://tinyurl.com/pmxh6h
(Paper portion cups.)

HTH

tujy Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:14am
post #3 of 9

yes i have seen the solo branded ones on ebay from the US. i didn't want to buy any from the US because after corresponding with Solo reps, I am still unsure which cups are deemed oven safe and which are not, and i don't think the ebay sellers would know either.

so i just wanted to buy from malaysia/singapore or some other asian country because the cups they manufacture are purposely made for baking in (they even come in different colours and prints). so i can be pretty confident they're oven-safe. also it supposed to be cheaper when buying from asia? even though i just purchased some and they worked out to be about 23 cents per cup - way too expensive.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:19am
post #4 of 9

Seems ebay Asia also sells Solo souffle cups:

http://tinyurl.com/lmw2nj

Solo is everywhere, too bad it's not what you want. icon_sad.gif

tujy Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:27am
post #5 of 9

those are still from the US. its not really the fact that its Solo branded. Its because they aren't purposely made for baking in so i'm not sure if they are safe or not. i have realised that solo makes more than 1 model of souffle cup, and not all of these models are oven-safe (even though they all look identical)

millionairess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millionairess Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:40am
post #6 of 9

HI,
Im from Mlaysia. I get mine from a local store here, but they dont sell it online. This website called cakeconnections sells them online but its also the Solo brand. Ill look around but if you can provise the brand name wud be easier.

tujy Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:31am
post #7 of 9

thank you! that site is great (hope they post internationally). hmm makes me wonder if they check if they are selling the right oven-safe model of the solo cup. i wonder why they always sell in packs of 20-ish when solo cups come in much larger packs. do you know anywhere else that sells them? i don't know any brand names - ive just seen some malaysian bakeries and blogs refer to them as baking cups and sometimes as solo cups. i've seen some that have strawberries, windmills, spots patterns on them too. i don't think Solo make the ones with the patterns on them - only the plain white ones.

i just checked postage - RM$134 to send 1 little packet to Australia? omg

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 9

My sister, who lives in Singapore, buys them for me from a store called Phoon Huat and sends them to me. The item is labelled - Cup Pleated White. A pack of 60 costs about Singapore$8.00 or $10.00. They measure 60mm across and are 44mm high. I also have the ones with strawberries printed on them. They are smaller.

Here is a link to their website. Maybe you could contact them and enquire.

http://www.phoonhuat.com/index.html

Cheers

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:58pm
post #9 of 9

Just booked my ticket last night for Sing. in November, now I can hardly wait

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%