Help!...redskins Picture Needed

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 24 Aug 2005 , 4:59pm by stephanie214

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 1:53am
post #1 of 14

Hi everybody, its me again.

I got a cake order today for a Redskins cake, 16 sq. with football helmet stacked on top. I have the football helmet pan that I will use but need the Indian picture that is on the Redskins helmet. I am going to copy the little picture and then laminate it and set it on the helmet.

Looked on the Redskin web but couldn't get a good picture. Anyone know where I can find a picture?

Thanks!!

13 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 2:10am
post #2 of 14

not sure if you can see this one good enough
LL

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 2:12am
post #3 of 14

Try a search on google but use the google images search. I just searched the other night for the Bucs old logo for a grooms cake I'll be doing almost the same way only I plan to do a BCT. Found a couple of really good pics icon_smile.gif

stephanie214 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 14

Thanks so much. Will give each one a try.

I guess I need to learn to do bct.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 14

I have a picture in my photos of a superbowl cake I did with the redskin's logo. If I email you the picture do you think you could enlarge that and use it. I did this cake a while ago and I dont think I have the original picture anymore. sorry. PM me with your email if you want me to send the pic.

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 14

Hope this one will help!!
LL

stephanie214 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 3:15pm
post #7 of 14

Thanks so much.

Gingoodies, I love your cake and will pm my e-mail for the picture.

fishercakes, thanks so much for the copy...copying to my folder.

I have the feeling that I'm going through this for nothing. Yesterday when she called about the cake for her boyfriend's birthday, we went through the standard of how many are you trying to feed, writing, etc... I gave her some ideas about the cake... 16 sq. with the helmet stacked on top.

When I gave her the price of $75.00, I ask her if that was to much and if she wanted something smaller and cheaper. No, that is fine because my boyfriend's mom is paying half.

She stopped by my house to give me the picture that she had (wasn't a good picture), I showed her the pans and how I was going to stack it and she kept saying, "his mom is going to have a fit when she hears the price". Once again, I asked her about doing the cheaper cake and she said no, do this one.

I told her that I didn't have time for this and not to waste my time because I am getting alot of orders and need to know so that I can fit this in.

What do you all think, am I wasting my time with this one?

Fishercakes Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 3:19pm
post #8 of 14

Hopefully, all will go well.

I'll say a little prayer for you! But don't stress out too much if they don't follow through. I hope you got a deposit, just in case!

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 3:26pm
post #9 of 14

Stephanie.. dont be surprised if she cancels the order. Price can be such an issue with some people. I would double check with her before you do any work and get at least 1/2 the cost as a deposit up front so you cover the cost of supplies. Also the picture that was posted by fishercakes looks exactly like the one on my cake. If you can work with that one it might be the best way to go. But I will glady email you my photo also.

stephanie214 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 3:49pm
post #10 of 14

Fishercakes,

I know her personally and never throught to tell her that I will need a deposit. Will give her a call and tell her to bring me a deposit.

I have to do a Cowboys cake in Oct. the same way and I know that I won't have this trouble. They are the ones that I did the Crawling Baby shower cake for. She told me to make sure that I used the same recipe and icing because it was good. lol

stephanie214 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 4:28pm
post #11 of 14

What colors did you use for the face?

Will know tonight because if she pauses on the deposit...

Fishercakes Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 4:33pm
post #12 of 14

Stephanie: If you know her personally, than I am sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or your friendship with her. icon_redface.gif

stephanie214 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 4:42pm
post #13 of 14

Fishercakes,

I didn't take it that way.

When I said personally, I meant that I've being knowing her since she was born, she was one of my babies (I called them all my babies) when I worked at the Health Dept.

I'm not that kind of person. I believe that when you ask someone for their opinion, then they have a right to say what they think. I appreciate all the help that everyone gives me on CC.

I'm a very down to earth person. lol

stephanie214 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 4:59pm
post #14 of 14

Gingoodies,

Believe you me...I won't be surprised one bit icon_wink.gif .

People can drive you crazy at times about cakes. I really do believe that they think that you should do it for $5.00 or $10.00 but will go to Walmart or Food Lion and pay them with no complaints at all icon_mad.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%