How Many Cakes A Week?

Decorating By steph_78 Updated 15 Sep 2009 , 1:37pm by Caralinc

steph_78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph_78 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 5

I have onnly been at this for a couple months and haven't really opened a shop yet. Just been working out of a friend's shop where my commercial oven is. I am planning on opening a shop soon though or hoping to anyways. I was just wondering how many cakes any of you are doing a week on average. This is directed at those that don't have a full time bakery. My plan is to open a bakery selling alot more then cakes.

4 replies
Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:08am
post #2 of 5

It depends on the cakes! Cake size and complexity of design. And space in the fridges.

JenMK0403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenMK0403 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:22am
post #3 of 5

I try to keep it to about 3 cakes a week, unless they are easy sheet cakes with roses. When I get a wedding cake I only take maybe one other order for that week so I can devote all my time to that.

Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 5

2 - 3 depending on the complexity - I have done more but they would have been 2D rather then 3D. Because I mainly do novelty cakes, some designs require a lot more preparation than others so I try not to over book.

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 5

I try to keep it at 3 or under. One week I had 5 orders and that was way to much, esp. where I work full time during the day. 3 is good and I can create a wonderful cake w/ quality results. In Nov. I will be doing this full time and would like to increase that number slowly. HTS

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%