Help!!! Butter Creme And Ribbon Mess

Decorating By therese379 Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 8:25pm by LittleLadyBabyCakes

therese379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therese379 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 9

the usual cake, icing, wrapped in ribbon.. and grease on my ribbon.. yes the cake had a crust... what do I do,, can't use ribbon now.. looks to bad.
the cake is all butter creme, with royal blue, light yellow and white flowers.
any help would be appreciated... icon_smile.gif thanks therese379

8 replies
idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 9

Do you have more ribbon? Last week I saw a post from someone that suggest ironing wax paper on the ribbon with a tea towel between the iron and the ribbon to prevent the grease from coming through.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 9

You line the back with contact paper, and it makes it nie and stiff too, doesn't squish into the icing and get warped. Put it on a chilled cake, no dings and smears from trying to get it straight.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 9

Jamie that would make that soo much easier, but (and you know I always have a big one-it follows me everywhere icon_lol.gif ) seriously though, I thought I saw somewhere that contact paper is not food safe.

__Jamie__ Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:34pm
post #5 of 9

Yeah, so are the paint brushes I use to paint fondant accents. And the scissors I use to snip the fondant off at the bottom of my cakes. And the foam core bases I put my cakes on. And the Makin clary extruder I squish fondant through. I'm just not too concerned with a teeny bit of Contact paper touching a teeny bit of frosting, for a teeny bit of time. I'm really not. icon_wink.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

therese379 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 9

thanks for the fast replies... I have extra ribbon, my ribbon looks like satin, won't the iron ruin the ribbon??? I will give it a try .. thanks therese

therese379 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 9

_jamie_ & Idgalpal ,I must say.. your cakes are beautiful... I am new to cake decorating and I wish my cakes will only look as beautiful as yours..

__Jamie__ Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:49pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you very much! Took a lot of trial and error, and lots of continuing practice too!

LittleLadyBabyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLadyBabyCakes Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 8:25pm
post #9 of 9

I use not food safe packing tape... just cut off the excess with an exacto... icon_biggrin.gif No one has ever complained or died...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%