Planet Cake Fondant

Decorating By momma28 Updated 15 Sep 2009 , 4:14pm by tiggy2

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 2:42am
post #1 of 5

Ok I am stumped....in every picture I look at from planet cake or from one of their students the fondant looks like porcelain!! How the heck do they get it so perfect? I can get fondant as smooth as a babies tushie but it doesnt have that sheen to it...porcelain is really the only way to describe it. Any wisdom on how to achieve this would be great. Thank you icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:01am
post #2 of 5

Once you have your fondant on - let it be for a about 5 - 10 minutes - then with a smoother - gently go all over the cake - around the sides in one direction.
On the top of the cake do it in circular motion.
Just gently - and that will give your fondant a sheen.

We call it *buffing* over here - lol
Just like polishing a car. icon_wink.gif

Bluehue

[/b]

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:17am
post #3 of 5

would you also .. think.. that they use pearl dust or pearl spray on it also to make it shiny..

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:20am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

would you also .. think.. that they use pearl dust or pearl spray on it also to make it shiny..

I know of two ladies who did a one day cake course - and they buffed their cakes -
But you could most cetainly use a pearl dust - to get a pearlyy type sheen.

Bh.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 5

On Ultimate cake off last night Pat said after her fondant is smooth and set for a little while she takes another ball of fondant (somewhat flattened) and rubs it over the fondant to give it a nice sheen or shine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%