Storage

Decorating By d3sc3n7 Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 7:09pm by d3sc3n7

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 3

Ok...I'm quite sure this has been asked before...but the search seems to be broken right now.

As you may have seen. I have 3 cakes coming up. If i'm going to be baking cakes...I would like to bake all 6 (all 2 tier cakes) at one time. Then put on their base fondant. So then all I have to do is do the final decorations the day of.

However, I would probably make the cakes on thu. night...first one is due Friday..then sat and sun. Will they be ok sitting out (not enough room in the fridge) for a few days? 3 days being the longest...this seems bad to me.

2 replies
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 3

Unless you have a filling which needs to be refrigerated, the covered cakes will be fine. Risky are cream cheese fillings, mousse fillings - any filling which has lot of milk/cream/cream cheese in it - and here I don't mean some of it, but really big part of the filling is dairy. Even than the filling *could* be fine, but I wouldn't trust me to give you an advice without seeing the recipe.

Be careful to cover the cake well, because else it could dry out. But filled and covered cake will be fine. Put the cake in plastic bag and close it well (with rubber band) and you are completely safe. This helps to avoid not only drying out of the cake, but dirt/insects... as well.

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 3

*SHEW*

ok, awesome! Thank you so much!!!

Ok...now I need food...coffee for beakfast and lunch make you jittery for some reason!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%