What Shoes Do You Wear???

Business By Michelle104 Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 2:45am by tiggy2

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 2:02pm
post #31 of 46

Are the danskos cluncky and heavy and noisy????

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:32pm
post #32 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle104

clunky yes, in Florida it's a sin to wear closed toe shoes, unless you are wearing sneakers to workout otherwise it's sandals, flip flops, thongs whatever you call them year around so they took me a while to get used to. Maybe to someone that's used to wearing real shoes all the time maybe not so clunky. That's just my take on it.

noisy no, they have a rubber tread on the bottom not like wooden bottom clogs.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:32pm
post #33 of 46

They have a solid bottom on them. Slip on style like clog shoe. Danskos are out for me, I cannot do the high bottom they have (ankle weakness) so I trip in them quite a bit.

My daughter manages an upper end shoe store. I have been trying out different types of shoes, Ecco has some (kind of look like Birkenstocks) that I wear that work well. I also 2nd the inserts - no matter what shoe you wear, get the inserts - they help enormously.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:35pm
post #34 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle104

Heavy? At first, if you are not used to them, they do feel a bit heavy, but you get used to them.

Noisy? Not at all. They have a soft, no-slip rubber sole (a requirement for working in a restaurant, for safety) and unless you are a very heavy walker, they don't really make any more noise than any other shoe.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:41pm
post #35 of 46

Here ya go! This is the type most professionals wear (or a version of)
http://www.dansko.com/#detail,Professional,Stapled Clog,2

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:59pm
post #36 of 46

Shoes for Crew these are shoes special for people that work in a restaurant industry you wont slip and they are soo confortable and not really expensive also they last forever I used to work in a restaurant 5 days a week and I used them every single day. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:40pm
post #37 of 46

I agree with the Z Coil! Not stylish and a bit expensive but they are worth it. I was spending 8 hrs a day on concrete and my back and hips were killing me but they solved my problem.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:49pm
post #38 of 46

The best shoes for me are athletic shoes - for example, my feet are extremely narrow and I am flat footed. I used to have a bad problem with plantar fasciitis and shin splints. I went to a running shoe store (not the ones in the malls) where they watched how I walk, measured my feet, and put me in the right shoes. I would never wear crocs because, as an occupational health nurse, we see a lot of falls from these type of shoes.

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:42am
post #39 of 46

I have Dansko sandals on a clog base that cured my plantar faschiitis so I was a big fan. The Dansko Professionals pinched my toes, though, so I got a pair of the Marcelle, because the people doing the fitting at the shoe store said they were a bit wider and at first they felt good. They are really heavy though--all the Danskos are.

After six months of pastry school with the Marcelles and sometimes the Professionals I had the plantar faschiitis back and my feet hurt no matter what I wore on them.

Two years later I've gone through New Balance, which I love for walking but not for baking. and I've tried MBT's, but they are just too ugly for the exorbitant price they charge --for that kind of money I want wide enough and gorgeous icon_lol.gif

A nurse told me she loved her "Klogs" so I went and got a pair of those. They are a bit lighter and didn't cost as much as the Danskos, and my feet are better, but still not happy at the end of a long day. Klogs has some slightly cuter styles as well.

I'd like to try the Sketcher's that are like MBT's but they, like the MBT's are not wide enough. I'm waiting for someone to figure out that those of us with wide feet want the exercisers too!!!!! I loved the bouncy feeling I had with them. I think a pair that fit would be dandy!

At least I can see from this thread that I'm on the right track!

Michelle104 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:12am
post #40 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsacake

I have Dansko sandals on a clog base that cured my plantar faschiitis so I was a big fan. The Dansko Professionals pinched my toes, though, so I got a pair of the Marcelle, because the people doing the fitting at the shoe store said they were a bit wider and at first they felt good. They are really heavy though--all the Danskos are.

After six months of pastry school with the Marcelles and sometimes the Professionals I had the plantar faschiitis back and my feet hurt no matter what I wore on them.

Two years later I've gone through New Balance, which I love for walking but not for baking. and I've tried MBT's, but they are just too ugly for the exorbitant price they charge --for that kind of money I want wide enough and gorgeous icon_lol.gif

A nurse told me she loved her "Klogs" so I went and got a pair of those. They are a bit lighter and didn't cost as much as the Danskos, and my feet are better, but still not happy at the end of a long day. Klogs has some slightly cuter styles as well.

I'd like to try the Sketcher's that are like MBT's but they, like the MBT's are not wide enough. I'm waiting for someone to figure out that those of us with wide feet want the exercisers too!!!!! I loved the bouncy feeling I had with them. I think a pair that fit would be dandy!

At least I can see from this thread that I'm on the right track!

You would thing that with as many people looking as there are that someone would come up with something that is wide enough, yet way supportive all around and cute to boot!! That's what I would like!! icon_lol.gif

CrazyBaker28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrazyBaker28 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:59pm
post #41 of 46

I would love to find a pair of GOOD, COMFY shoes that come in a 10 1/2 or 11 WIDE! I have such an issue with this.

tiggy2 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 4:40pm
post #42 of 46

http://www.zcoil.com/pages.php?pg=custom_fitting

I believe they go up to size 11 for women.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:02pm
post #43 of 46

I tried on a pair of the Z-coils at a sports expo, they run really wide and big - I can't wear them, but when I stood in them - Oh my - I wish they came in extra narrow widths!!!!!

tiggy2 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 7:26pm
post #44 of 46

Mine are a 7 1/2 medium width so they aren't all wide. I have plantar fasciits so bad it hurts to walk some days but these shoes make it so much better.

Michelle104 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 8:09pm
post #45 of 46

Hey Tiggy! How much do the zcoils run??

tiggy2 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 2:45am
post #46 of 46

I believe they were about $100. I've had them for a couple of years and I can't remember the exact cost.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%