Cream Cheese Frosting That Can Withstand Room Temperature

Baking By Americancookiefiend Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 2:01am by JanH

Americancookiefiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Americancookiefiend Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 3

I am due to make my first wedding cake (4 tiers!) next month. From out of the four tiers, one tier is requested as carrot cake and another tier is going to be red velvet.
I am looking for a cream cheese filling/frosting recipe that can go WELL with pettinice/bakels fondant. Does anyone have a good recipe or idea that can keep this cream cheese tasty/surviving at room temperature, if it will be made a day or two before the wedding? (I don't want the wedding party to get sick due to the fact I can't put it in the fridge once the fondant is placed on the cakes...

Any tips or recipes is welcome.

2 replies
KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:40am
post #2 of 3

Here's a link to Earlene's shelf stable cream cheese. I've never tried it though.

http://www.earlenescakes.com/icings.htm

I use Rose Levy's White Chocolate Cream Cheese BC. Pipes like a dream and is wonderful to work with. Keeps at room temp for 24 hours.

Beat till smooth and creamy:
12 oz softened cream cheese
6 oz softened but NOT MELTED butter.

Beat in until smooth
9 oz white chocolate, melted and cooled.

Mix in
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla (optional)

*for hot days, can reduce butter to 3 oz.
**Best quality white choco is of course the best but I've used compound white choco (something like candy melts) with equally delicious results
***Make sure when you beat in the white choco the butter and creamcheese are no longer cold otherwise you may get seeding.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 2:01am
post #3 of 3

Here's a large recipe (13 cups) version of Rose's recipe:

http://www.recipezaar.com/White-Chocolate-Cream-Cheese-Frosting-18360

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%