Bathtub/duck Cake Bubbles?

Decorating By cserwa Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 12:40pm by cylstrial

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 2:21am
post #1 of 9

I did a search but most of the postings say, "Post no longer exists for this topic." I'm wondering what tip people are using for the buttercream bubbles. Or how to go about making them in general. Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks. Does a tutorial exist?

8 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 2:35am
post #2 of 9

I think some people roll them into little fondant balls of all different sizes. If I were going to pipe them, I'd use the round tips in different sizes say - 12, 10, 8, 6.

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 2:49am
post #3 of 9

yep that is what I did on my ducky cake. I used the 12 tip and for bigger bubbles squeezed harder....lol...

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 3:01am
post #4 of 9

Like CakeRN said. You don't pull the tip off till your bubble is nice and roundand the size you want. Then go back after a few minutes and tap any tips down with a damp flat brush.

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 3:15am
post #5 of 9

Awesome! Thank you all!!! Do I paint with luster dust or pearl dust to get the shiny look? What color is best? Thanks so much for all of the help!

Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 12:39pm
post #6 of 9

I did my also with royal icing piping them in different sizes. Once they were dry, I dusted the in Pearl lustre dust.

Good luck, icon_biggrin.gif
LL

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 9

The "Post no longer exists for this topic." error happens when you try to access a corrupted thread.
The first part of the thread is usually there, but we had a problem that messed up the last page or two of a whole bunch of threads.

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 5:30pm
post #8 of 9

I used tip 12 on my my little pony cake to make clouds (clouds on one cake could be bubbles on another! icon_wink.gif ). Just squeeze to desired size and release. If you get a 'tail' just push it in gently with a paintbrush or your finger. BTW, mine were done with buttercream, not royal since I piped them directly on the cake... Good Luck!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1450212

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 12:40pm
post #9 of 9

All the cakes look adorable!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%