Twins First Birthday

Decorating By Jenthecakelady Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 11:46am by Jenthecakelady

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 6

I have some friends whose twins-a boy and a girl-are turning 1 in a couple of weeks and I said I would do their cakes for their gift. We decided to do two cupcake towers with their smash cakes on top of each. I just need to know if this actually sounds like it will work together or not:

For him: a pale blue cake with a fondant/gumpaste frog and little "1" on wires instead of flies or bugs with blue and green cupcakes.
For her: a pink and white flower cake with the middle of the flower actually being the cake (small half round) with fondant/gumpaste petals and a small cartoonish butterfly. With pink and white cupcakes. I just can't figure out how to work the "1" into her cake.

I'm obviously not going to use the same colors but the same tones. I have recently fallen in love with IMBC, so I thought with the off-white tint it has "barely there" colors would be perfect.

So the picture in my head looks really good, but I thought I might need a little input on this one. TIA!!

5 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 6

I think your idea sounds really cute! Maybe you could use colorful/puffy "ones" to decorate the butterfly's wings instead of circles.

Jenthecakelady Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 12:08am
post #3 of 6

Good idea. Thanks!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 12:34am
post #4 of 6

I like what you have going there. My first thought was to make the "1" be the stem on the flower somehow. Sounds adorable.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 12:51am
post #5 of 6

Can the butterfly's body be the "1"?

Jenthecakelady Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 11:46am
post #6 of 6

The flower stem being a 1 would be really cute-I might try that, but I'm not sure I can pull that off. I was just going to put a half round cake on a board with large gumpaste petals around it. I think the body as the one would be cute too. I'm going to start playing with this soon. The party is in two weeks, so I've got plent of time. Thanks for all your ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%