I'm Confused........

Decorating By blessedist Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 5:58am by cmehappy

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:16am
post #1 of 5

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1448925

Ok, I'm wondering, how do you cut the double barrel cakes?? And lets say the top is 4 rounds with a filling, so that would make 8 layers with filling(you get what I'm saying) does that still count as 1 serving and it would be a huge piece of cake or do you take that layer, cut it in half and make it a normal size?? I'm confused and having a slow moment dunce.gif

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:20am
post #2 of 5

Usually if it's a double-height tier, there will be a board and dowels inside, so that you're cutting normal height slices and getting the right number of servings while you're at it.

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:32am
post #3 of 5

ok! that's another thing I was also thinknig that the board was in the middle. Thanks!

cib Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cib Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 5

I too have wondered about this. So if I use IMBC how would the top tier not stick to the bottom since my boards would be on top of my icing. Even using plastic dowels I don't think my lower cake would have any icing left on it.

cmehappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmehappy Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 5:58am
post #5 of 5

I am pretty new to decorating, but I read that you can put a small amount of shredded coconut on that layer and the icing will stay put.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%