Airbrush System

Decorating By amarieholley Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 2:42am by MBoyd

amarieholley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amarieholley Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:21am
post #1 of 2

Okay so cake decorating is my hobby not my profession but of course I just LOVE doing it. I have done a lot with fondant, gumpaste, and such but nothing yet with airbrushing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on an airbrushing system for me that won't break the bank??? I won't be using it just a whole lot but I do want a quality product not a junky one.

Thanks

1 reply
MBoyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBoyd Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 2:42am
post #2 of 2

The major craft stores usually sell compressors and other airbrush equipment, at varying price points.

you can also check airbrushcity.com or badgerairbrush.com

I have also seen special cans of compressed air that can be used with airbrushes (not sure if its food safe though - those 3M compressed air dusters include a bittering agent that you DO NOT want to spray on a cake). Much less expensive than purchasing a compressor to start with.

also - Wilton makes a color mist product, which is not bad, but you cannot be extremely precise with it like you can with an actual airbrush...

on the other end of the spectrum... i just tried out a new airbrush from Trex at the ICES convention - which was TO DIE FOR.... however just the airbrush itself was over $200.00.

have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%