Can I Post This?

Decorating By dahir Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 12:24am by dahir

dahir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dahir Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know if it is exceptable to post a job opening on here? I don't want to offend anybody but I would like people here to have the option. I know alot of people are out of work right now and I really could use some help for the holiday's
Thank's
Tracy

5 replies
eilidh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilidh Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 6

I have seen a few advertised on here so don't see why not. Normally you mention what it is and where etc and they can PM you for more details and to take it further. Hope you get someone good.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 6

You asked the same thing last year and got 6 pages of responses...did you find someone last year? What happened to them?

dahir Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 6

Most of the people were not from around this area. It is contract labor from Oct. thru Dec. I think the pay is pretty good . The work is not hard just very long hrs. during the holidays. One year I worked 31 hrs. straight (didn't have any help that year). Most people don't want to do that especially on a temporary basis. Can't say I blame them.
Tracy

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 6

I've seen a few posts that were advertising jobs in specific areas lately, and they haven't been deleted or anything...so maybe you should make a post that says "Need temp. help through holidays--Dallas, TX" and then you'll only get responses that are local to you.

There's also scary old Craigslist...it still doesn't cost anything to post job ads there.

dahir Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:24am
post #6 of 6

Yeah we have tried the craigslist thing. I just thought I would try to help out people on CC first. Thanks for the advice.
Tracy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%