Calling All You Creative Ones Out There!! Teacher/army

Decorating By NolansMom Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 4:02am by NolansMom

NolansMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NolansMom Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 4:51am
post #1 of 5

I am struggling to come up with a design for my SIL stag and doe. She is becoming a teacher, and her fiance is in the CDN army. They are moving out to Edmonton Alberta also. So I want to try to incorporate at least the teacher and army thing. I want to do each tier per theme but I am afraid it just won't flow, or is that OK?? For ex. the bottom tier like a blackboard, the middle tier army, and maybe a carved mountain for a top tier?

Also how do you do Camoflage in Fondant???

Also, I am trying to keep it relatively simplistic because 1. Its Free, and 2. I have a 3 year old, and 4 month old twins to deal with while making the cake LOL
Thanks everyone, my brain hurts on this one!

4 replies
NolansMom Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 5

BUMP, someone has to have some ideas? anyone?......

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:24am
post #3 of 5

You don't say how many you need to feed, which is a big part of how the cake will look.

For the Military part:

But, if you go into my photos, you'll see a tank on a cake that I did for my nephew, who is leaving for Kandahar something this month or next. The cake is 15 X 11 (I think) and the tank was done in styrofoam, cut, stacked and glued. The top (turret) is separate from the main body. The gun is a dowel pushed into the turret. Made military green fondant to cover it with. The head is a small round styrofoam ball, covered in flesh tone, then a helmet added (and his face).

For the Teacher part:

Perhaps a chalkboard with "Congratulations [name] and [name]" written on it to look like chalk. And an apple beside it.

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:50am
post #4 of 5

If you know what his rank is, you could do the insignia to put on your camouflage tier. For her, the blackboard with an addition equation on it is typical for a teacher.

Checking out the Military/Police/Fire Department gallery might give you more ideas for him:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&aid=59

The Back to School gallery might produce something else for her:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&aid=78
HTH thumbs_up.gif

NolansMom Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:02am
post #5 of 5

The cake needs to feed 60-80 ppl. Thanks for the ideas Keep them coming!!! I am just not sure how to make the tiers work together. If I do separate themes on each tier will that look stupid?? I just want the cake to flow nicely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%