I've Bitten Off More Than I Can Chew.

Decorating By poohthebear Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 1:20pm by chefbarbie0513

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:28am
post #1 of 5

A friend called today to ask if I would make her sister a 3D house cake. She has d.s. and finally was accepted into a home after 3 years of trying. Of course I just knew I could do this but the more I have thought about it now I am beginning to wonder. I don't have a special pan but I thought maybe someone here could help. I don't want to let them down. The cake only needs to feed 15 people. Anyone willing to give me a boost???

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:48am
post #2 of 5

Of course you can do it.

I think I would bake 3 8x8 squares. On the top one, cut it at an angle so that it has a slanted roof. Use a dense cake so it will carve well. Crumb coat it all, measure the sides and cut pieces of fondant for them. Add windows and door. (maybe a yellow square for a window, then cut a black square the same size, cut out 4 smaller squares to be the window panes, then stick the black square over the yellow one. Add shutters if you want to. Do the roof last, then put the cake on a cake board covered with green fondant. Cut out a path going to the front door and put some green bumps to be plants, with little cutout flowers on them.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:56am
post #3 of 5

Or you could do it laying down too--like home plate in baseball.

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 3:24am
post #4 of 5

Thanks Texas Rose! You have given me just the kick in the drawers I needed!

chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 5

try this. Doug is awesome and has an great way to build a house.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=647196

I hope the link works. If not you could do a search it is called Help me build this house and the person who started it is janebrophy. I hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%