Brochure Donation?

Business By steph_78 Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 3:05pm by cylstrial

steph_78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph_78 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:09am
post #1 of 8

My wife is going in a wedding show this weekend. She has only been at decorating for a few months yet and has been getting alot of business. This will be her first show. I have been helping her as much as I can but I am stuck in a rut. I guess I am in charge of making/finding a flyer or brochure for her business. I am not creative enough to make one although I have been trying different programs and I cannot get anything to look good. Would anyone want to donate a few minutes of their time to desing me something for her. She would really appreciate it for sure. It does not have to be anything special. We will pay someone soon to make something really good. She just needs something to hand out this Saturday. If anyone is interested, just message us. Thank you in advance. icon_cool.gif

7 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:25am
post #2 of 8

Do you have Microsoft Publisher on your computer? they have premade design sets that will help you create a brochure in a matter of minutes.

steph_78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph_78 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:28am
post #3 of 8

No, I don't have that actually. the wording and stuff like that is what I cannot come up with. I have read here not to add too much wording so I don't know what to add or how to add it.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:57am
post #4 of 8

Well I would add a little paragraph about your business and the services you provide. for ex. we are a custom cake shop specializing in wedding cakes and party cakes. Write a little about the type of bakery you are, fresh never frozen kinda thing and maybe a little about your wife (If she is the main decorator or both of you) ex. 'wife' has an eye for detail and loves creating one of a kind works of cake art... etc etc.
I would include some general information about the pricing of your cakes and as many pictures of your cakes as possible without cluttering it up too much and then provide your contact information in an easy to read format so it kind of jumps off the page at you.
Good Luck!

yeastconfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeastconfection Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:20am
post #5 of 8

Go to Vista Print online and design a brochure (mine are pictured below). Right click on the finished design and save it onto your computer. Use your computers photo publisher and print it out like you would a photo (you don't have to use special paper unless you want to!). Place an order with vista print for your future brochure/business card needs..they are a great (and cheap) company and alot of people here love em!
LL
LL

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalini1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalini1 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 12:52pm
post #7 of 8

OMG yeastconfection....I love the brochures! Thanks so much for sharing

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 3:05pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:

I forgot about that thread! Thanks!!