Breast Cancer Awareness Is Next Month, What Would You Do?

Lounge By miasuzzette Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 12:45am by Tiffany29

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:01am
post #1 of 8

icon_sad.gif Would you Bake Cupcakes and donate some of it, To Cancer Society. My home has hit 2 xs my little sister( 31 yrs old ) was Diagnose with Breast Cancer last Year and now they checking on my other sister ( 46 yrs old ) for Lymphoma or leukemia. I do the walk & Bake to raise funds to donate. It's for a Cure & Medicine. Let's pinch in to help fight this Monster. We have some one with the Cancer or know someone that has it. Let's give a hand.... Remember, they are Children, Women and Men. Its makes you feel so good, When you do good...

Thanks for looking and for your responds. I just chatted with someone here, That's going through it. Let's reach out.....

Thank you thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:32am
post #2 of 8

Very close to my heart! My mom was diagnosed and underwent mastectomy 1 year ago. This was her 5th cancer in 17 years! Now my sister and I are being watched very carefully. There is a syndrome called Lynch Syndrome if you are a woman who has other women in their family who have had breast, colon, and uterine. Read about it - very important!

I have a tee shirt, brown with pink writing. It reads: FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!

Last month, I made a cake for display for Breast Cancer Awareness. PennieK was the person who inspired me. I do all I can to promote awareness.

Yes! Take October to heart, friends... support those you know who are battling this disease and fight with others to obliterate it altogether! Simple gestures like pink ribbon cupcakes taken to the office bring awareness to those who might not have thought about it otherwise --even if it just prompts the ladies around you to GET A MAMMOGRAM and remember their monthly self exams, then you have done a great thing!

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:54am
post #3 of 8

A friend of mine is having a "Girls Night In" fundraiser and I've offered to make a pink ribbon themed cake to be raffled on the night. I'm really looking forward to it.

I hope everyone here in the CC community will do what they can!
icon_smile.gif
Emma

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:00am
post #4 of 8

I will be donating some pink ribboned baked goods as well. And I'm making a giant set of cake boobs in a pink-ribboned t-shirt and sending it into my husband's work with the hope of raising awareness. He's military, so all the guys will flock to it and hopefully read the little plaque that'll be with it, then tell their wives about the hilarious cake they got at work. icon_biggrin.gif

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:36am
post #5 of 8

Wow, as I read I get teary. Thanks. for sharing and for others to read and post, How they feel....It makes me feel Good to read & I'm sure the others will feel the same, Have a Good one....Let's continue to spread the word & Educate others... thumbs_up.gif

Thank You thumbs_up.gif

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 4:08pm
post #6 of 8

My mom is also a breast cancer survivor. My DH and I run the "Race for the Cure". Actually, he runs, I walk. thumbs_up.gif

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 9:30pm
post #7 of 8

I just donated 6 dozen cupcakes to a bake sale held to benifit breast cancer research, I'm giving a gift certificate and a cake for a silent auction and we sponsor the walk for a cure that's being held next month. It's a great cause and needs all the support we can give. I lost my mom to cancer, and my gram had cervical cancer. The family that did the bake sale, and are doing the silent auction and walk lost both their mother and sister to breast cancer. This is a family that has given so much to the community and has had so much tragedy.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:45am
post #8 of 8

This really hits home for me. My dear friend of 10yrs was diagnosed with breast cancer on Aug 18 and had a double mastectomy on Aug 28. We are planning a benifit dinner for her in Oct and I will be donating baked goods.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%