Cutters For Sunflowers

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 7:41pm by KimAZ

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:14am
post #1 of 6

I am fairly new to caking and now that the Wilton classes are done I want to focus on gumpaste flowers. I love sunflowers and want to practice those next. What cutter do you all suggest. I am placing an order today so I wanted to order it.

TIA

5 replies
rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:37am
post #2 of 6

i use a gerbera/ sunflower cutter and a large daisy centre mold. my cutters are made by PME but i am in the Uk so not sure if you get them in US.

memakim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
memakim Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 6

Wow! I'm making sunflowers this morning for two cakes this weekend. I'm going to use my Wilton daisy cutter, there not as big as I would like but I have no choice. I'm going to make two size. I live in Ks the sunflower state and we have sunflowers everywhere, so I've been looking at all of them getting ideals. Have fun making sunflowers.

Kim

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 6

A and H supplies has PME sunflower/gerber daisy cutters. I have them and love them. They have 5 sizes, I also have the center mould with has various size centers. Someone directed me to a tutorial about making centers by pressing a ball of fondant up against a sieve to give it the impression.

HTH

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 6

the sieve idea is a great one if you dont have the centre mold icon_smile.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 6

I just use the Wilton Daisy cutters too. Make the center big and brown so it looks more like a sunflower. I use tip #233 ( the grass tip) to make the impressions in the center.

KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%