Oh.....what Do I Do! I Really Need You Guys On This, Honest!

Business By sweetneice Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 12:26am by madgeowens

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:52pm
post #31 of 35

Ok I don't know much about the business end of things, but from someone who has a very different DH than herself AND someone who has seen her parents in business together, I offer the following advice:

-whatever business model you stick to and decide partnership for, make sure you keep open lines of communication. Make sure your DH knows you need him to be completely open about how he feels about your decisions.

-If he sees a problem with something, listen to it and take it into consideration. Your husband should be your extra set of eyes, ears and intuition as well as wisdom. My DH sees things from a completely different angle on things.

-Business can often be a huge stress to a marriage. Make sure you protect your marriage first in your heart, business second. Don't let money or business pressure drive a wedge between you.

-Men need to have a sense of providing for the family as well as expertise in something. If he is technology minded, give him a chance to excel at this and praise him for it. If he is good at marketing, give him a chance to shine with his ideas. This sort of stuff feeds a marriage and will only help your business.

I wish you success with this! Just whatever you do, make sure you sit down and have serious talks and decisions about the business and then keep these decisions separate from your home life. Don't let a bad marketing campaign, faulty bookkeeping, a leaky faucet or anything else keep you from a kiss and hug at the end of the day.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:54pm
post #32 of 35

Ok I don't know much about the business end of things, but from someone who has a very different DH than herself AND someone who has seen her parents in business together, I offer the following advice:

-whatever business model you stick to and decide partnership for, make sure you keep open lines of communication. Make sure your DH knows you need him to be completely open about how he feels about your decisions.

-If he sees a problem with something, listen to it and take it into consideration. Your husband should be your extra set of eyes, ears and intuition as well as wisdom. My DH sees things from a completely different angle on things.

-Business can often be a huge stress to a marriage. Make sure you protect your marriage first in your heart, business second. Don't let money or business pressure drive a wedge between you.

-Men need to have a sense of providing for the family as well as expertise in something. If he is technology minded, give him a chance to excel at this and praise him for it. If he is good at marketing, give him a chance to shine with his ideas. This sort of stuff feeds a marriage and will only help your business.

I wish you success with this! Just whatever you do, make sure you sit down and have serious talks and decisions about the business and then keep these decisions separate from your home life. Don't let a bad marketing campaign, faulty bookkeeping, a leaky faucet or anything else keep you from a kiss and hug at the end of the day.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 6:06pm
post #33 of 35

Thank you loriana! Great advice!

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 6:09pm
post #34 of 35

thanks indy and leah

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:26am
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Here's the question that will decide all of it LOLOL. Who's putting in the most $$$$. If it's family money, then it's family run. You didn't say how long you've been together, but starting a marrige is a tough thing to begin as it is. Now trying to start a business also, keep the marriage counselor's # handy. Just keep in mind that you married each other because you love each other. I sure don't want the stress your looking at. Hopefully you'll both remember your life together is more important than the business.

Mike

I agree

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%