Fbct

Decorating By SHAUNADRODDY Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 11:51pm by mysonbronson

SHAUNADRODDY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHAUNADRODDY Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 5

hi everyone i am going to make my first fbct for a cake i am doing this weekend. i need to know what i use to put the buttercream onto the waxed paper with the image. do i use a spatula are do i pipe it with a tip. it is going to be a tiger eye for a lsu grooms cake. thanks in advance

4 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 5

I pipe mine. I use smaller tips for tight detailed areas and a larger tip if I'm filling in a larger area.
Good luck. Be sure to post your pix.

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

I pipe mine. I use smaller tips for tight detailed areas and a larger tip if I'm filling in a larger area.
Good luck. Be sure to post your pix.

Ditto!

threeforhim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threeforhim Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 5

How exciting! I just did my first fbct this past weekend! Use a tip and just pipe it on. Like the others said though, use a smaller tip for a tighter areas and a larger one for the bigger areas. You can move it around some with a toothpick if you need to. Also, you need to get the back (top side when you're making it) as smooth as possible because that is the side that will be on your cake. I found it really easy and it turned out so well! Good luck!

mysonbronson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonbronson Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 5

I just did a transformer cake this past weekend using this method and was very happy with it. You can look at my pics. I piped it all in then smoothed the back with a angled spatula. Happy baking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%