How To Make A Cookie Box

Baking By ruthi Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 8:40pm by 7yyrt

ruthi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthi Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 8

I need ideas and know how and some pictures to guide me would help - visual aids! LOL...i have a customer who is asking me to make cookie favors shaped like a box so she can put candies inside and give as gifts. She said she went to a wedding shower and they had heart-shaped cookie boxes with candy inside, the top and bottom were of cookies and the sides were done in gumpaste...? Anyone seen this or have a website I can look at for ideas, etc. or a tutorial....she wants her cookies in the shape of an apple so she can put honey candies in them to give as gifts for Rosh Hashana....I said I would get back to her.

7 replies
cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 8

For hearts or anything else, I suppose you could cut out and bake the tops and bottoms, and wrap the gumpaste around the cutter itself until it hardened. When completely dry, you'd stick them together with RI.

Sorry I'm not more help. I tried google and didn't come up with much else. icon_sad.gif

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 8

In the third Wilton class, they teach how to make a box out of fondant. Cut the top and bottom shape and bake cookies, then cut a strip long enough to form the box side (1/8 in thick x width needed for height of box). As suggested above, form around the cookie cutter using gum glue to secure ends together. Let it dry thoroughly. Then use RI to glue all parts together.

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 8

I too have googled it and have not found anything. What would be cute is to make heart shape cookies then "glue" the 4 of them at each side to make the shape of a square, or even small hearts glued to make a square, then 4 to make a box. I would glue this on top of a base made out of gumpaste, and leave it with no lid. Fill it with the chocolates and wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbons. Kinda hard to explain, but I can visualize it.

Would like to see how these come out icon_cool.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 4:19pm
post #5 of 8

Me too! Sounds like a idea but i can't visualize well.

leahk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahk Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 8

On the Wilton website they have the following idea
http://www.wilton.com/idea/Bon-Bon-Box
I personally would change it around and use gumpaste as the center, as the other posters suggested.
Good luck!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 7:24pm
post #7 of 8

If you wrap gumpaste around the cutter and use that instead of giving away a cookie cutter (as they have on the site), can the bottom cookie stand up to the weight of it, the fill-ins, and the top cookie?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 8:40pm
post #8 of 8

It wouldn't work for your situation, but we used to make cookie canisters to give away cookies in.
You make a top and bottom cookie, and stack up hollow ones (like a doughnut with a very large hole) to make the sides.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%