No More Cake!!!

Decorating By Tog Updated 29 Sep 2009 , 12:59am by OregonCakeLady

Tog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tog Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 7:28am
post #1 of 14

ughhhh! I seem to think my piping skills are better than they actually are. we they are not. took 3 tries and a mental breakdown for one 1/4 sheet. probably a 6 hour episode. client very picky and intimidating..... now i have to face her in the morning with a highly subpar cake. i see cupcakes and only cupcakes in my future...

13 replies
lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 7:44am
post #2 of 14

Yep - give me some fondant, funky colours and some cutters - happy as a pig in poop! ask me to write on a cake in a straight line - not such a happy pig.........!!!! Take a look at this - it always makes me feel better.

http://www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

And remember - practice makes perfect! Probably wont look so bad to you in the morning - 6 hours is a Loooooooooong time to look at 1 cake! icon_smile.gif

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 8:43am
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Quote:

ughhhh! I seem to think my piping skills are better than they actually are.

Funny, I was thinking a similar thing about myself recently. I have all these grand ideas, but when it comes to execution, I realize that I am overly confident. Confident is good; overly confident without the skills to back it up?? Not so good. icon_lol.gif I feel your pain.

YouCaterer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YouCaterer Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 14

I think this has totally happened to all of us... don't worry too much. It will look better tommorrow!!

NJCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakeDiva Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCaterer

I think this has totally happened to all of us... don't worry too much. It will look better tommorrow!!

I have too agree 100%. We all fall short of our baking grace from time to time but we have to dust off the powdered sugar and pick up our spatulas to frost another day icon_biggrin.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 14

I have too agree 100%. We all fall short of our baking grace from time to time but we have to dust off the powdered sugar and pick up our spatulas to frost another day icon_biggrin.gif[/quote]

The dust off is such a waist...

Inhale and be happy!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:33pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

The dust off is such a waist...

Inhale and be happy!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Literally - aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh the sugar high!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

NJCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakeDiva Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:02pm
post #8 of 14

I like that- Breathe it in icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 11:23pm
post #9 of 14

I say sit down pull up a chair and EVERYBODY HAVE CAKE. Wouldn't it be a much better world. So much happier. It will all look better if you walk away from it for a moment. Being a newbie, that is the only thing pulling me through. That and all the good tips I get from this site.

11cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11cupcakes Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 1:40am
post #10 of 14

I feel the same sometimes. But then a couple days go by and I need to decorate a cake.I just enjoy it too much!

lvbakingmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvbakingmom Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 8:19pm
post #11 of 14

Thanks lthiele for posting that link. It made me feel alot better about my pipping skills.

qwertymmii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qwertymmii Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 9:19pm
post #12 of 14

I have Wilton Letter press that I can do a decent lettering in block or script. I just have to press in the letters and trace. Easy and looks good. Without them - forgeddaboutit.

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 4:34am
post #13 of 14

lthiele

Those pictures are hillarious!! Thanks for posting. Im having a really bad cake day and that made me life when I want to cry! Thanks

OregonCakeLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OregonCakeLady Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 12:59am
post #14 of 14

ummmm Your cake pictures say otherwise. Looks like you have talent. I feel the same way sometimes but just take a step back. When you start looking at a cake in a 1" by 1" frame it looks horrible. Take a step back and look at it as a whole piece. I believe it will look way better. Perspective is almost everything. I say almost because I love Cakewreaks.com and that is the reason for almost not being quite enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%