Shoe Box & Gumpaste Shoe

Decorating By micnmax2003 Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 5:21pm by Kiddiekakes

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 4

I have read a number of post regarding shoe box cake construction & have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

If I use a 9x13 pan and cut into 3rds and stack....how many servings will I get? (this will be the first time that I charge per serving & would like to know the approx. size of the servings as well)

Also, out of curiosity, what is the going price/serving? I have been asked to make the shoe box cake w/ gumpaste shoes (I plan on using socakes life size templates). Any idea what I should charge?

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 4

A regular 9x13 slab will feed about 25-30 some say more...I charge $50.00 for that slab..since you are planning to make a shoebox and stack it I consider this now a 3D Cake in which I charge $5.00 per serving compared to my slab price of $2.00 per serving.I would also add extra for the fondant and gumpaste work.So the serving amounts won't change but the price will...10x more work in a 3D cake than a slab.HTH

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 4

thanks Kiddiecakes....I see you are from Canada (me too). How much would you charge for 1 shoe? (again its true to size) I'm thinking that I may suggest just one b/c it' really doesn't get eaten & it will cut the cost (not to mention time for me)

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 4

I would charge about $50.00 or more for just the shoe....then again..others charge more.I don't do alot of modelling etc as I am not that great at it so I try not to upsell those items..If I took my time I could really do it but....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%