Making Hair So It Stand Up On A Cake.

Decorating By infinitygirl Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 7:17pm by backermeister

infinitygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitygirl Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a cake for my sisters birthday and it is going to be a 3d style cake with a head (round ball) cake in the middle of another cake. My question is I am looking to make it so it is almost shocked or electricuted -- so the hair is spiked and eyes are popping out. I have taken care of the eye part -- I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what I could use or how I could go about making the hair stick up?

I would really appreciate the info

Thanks

2 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 3

Make it out of gumpaste and let it dry before applying it.

backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 3

There is also a technique where you can take angel hair/spaghetti pasta(uncooked) cut it to the size you need. Mix royal icing in the shade you want the hair to be and place in piping bag with round tip(pasta must be able to fit in round tip). Insert the pasta through the round tip to almost the end and squeeze the royal out and around the pasta slowly pulling it out by the end as you go til it is covered. Doesn't matter if one end isn't covered cause that will be the end you insert into the head. Haven't tried this myself but the pictures look really good.hth icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%