Customer Service For Cake Boss

Business By icantcook Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 10:18pm by kelleym

icantcook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icantcook Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 11

To those of you sitting on the fence about purchasing Cake Boss software, let me tell you about my experience:

My desktop computer died with my 2 year old Cake Boss software on it. I made a backup disc about 6 months go, but it probably only contains my data, not the program itself. I ended up purchasing another computer, but didn't know what I was going to do, since I didn't have a disc with the program on it (you download & install it when you purchase). I emailed the Cake Boss support address at about 8:45 am Labor Day and told them about my problem. We exchanged a couple more emails for some info and questions I had, and some workarounds I needed to do. By 11:45 am Labor Day I had access to download another copy onto my new computer. I got to interact with a real human rather than going through a database and reading though 20 pages of FAQs. No extra fees for the technical assistance, nor the new download.

If I had used software from a huge company, do you think I would have had my problem solved in 3 hours, on a holiday? thumbs_up.gif I think not!

The efficient & personal customer service has made me feel like it has already paid for itself.

Thank you, Kelley, for your help!

10 replies
icantcook Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 11

Ooh, I sound like Billy Mays! I just have noticed several people asking for input on the product, so I thought I would add my opinion. I didn't mean for this to sound like an advertisement, so I hope I haven't broken any of the posting rules.

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 11

Thank you for the info. I have seen a few posts lately about this software and have learned that it is exactly what I am looking for. Also, many people seem to be very happy about it - a PLUS. icon_smile.gif

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:58am
post #4 of 11

Don't worry about sounding like a tv ad. The best advertisement is a satisfied customer ... and you sure sound like one!

BTW: I LOVE CAKE BOSS!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 11

I too am a cake boss software fan! Kelley is the best! I have had 2 crashes on computers in less than a 2 month turnaround and I was able to get back up and running in no time! The fact that this program is less than $100 is phenominal! I also own a dance studio and our studio management software cost us $495 and if we need any tech support it is at an additional fee. Cake boss software is a BARGAIN! and pays for itself very quickly! Absolutely love it!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 11

I too love love love cake boss!!! I can't say enough about it. I would be absolutely lost without it!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantcook

Thank you, Kelley, for your help!

You are most welcome, glad you are up and running. I can't always promise 3 hour turnaround on a holiday, but we do our best. icon_wink.gif

icantcook Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:18pm
post #8 of 11

Well, maybe not. All I know is, I got a response from a HUMAN in 10 minutes to my email request for help.

I have been dealing with some computer and software companies in the last month or so, and it was at least an 1 1/2 hour response time with HP, Norton, Best Buy, or Lexmark. And sometimes, the original response was a computer generated, "Thank you for your request. A technician will reply within 24 hours." or "Welcome to chat. You are number 5 in queue. A technician will be with you shortly."

shalini1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalini1 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:31pm
post #9 of 11

OK...maybe I was too hasty with Cake Boss. After fiddling with it for about 3 days, I asked for my money back (Kelley was super fast in responding). Maybe I just wasn't using it properly. I have tried calculating using excel, and it is doing the same thing I tried with cake boss (without the hassle of programming, of course). If anyone else has any feedbaack on the software, please let me know. I may reconsider buying it..again. I'm just starting out in my business and need all the help I can get *8|

Chezerai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chezerai Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 9:52pm
post #10 of 11

Well guys, I hate to be that "one" person but after not being able to install Cake Boss after several attempts...I contacted Kelly and yes, she was super fast in responding if I had technical problems. After more failed attempts to properly utilize the software I contacted Kelly again for a full refund or at least a partial...I gave it a few days and needless to say, I'm still waiting on a response and my REFUND...by the way, Hi Kelley its me Chez! thumbsdown.gif

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 10:18pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezerai

Well guys, I hate to be that "one" person but after not being able to install after several attempts...I contacted Kelly and yes, she was super fast in responding if I had technical problems. After more failed attempts to properly utilize the software I contacted Kelly again for a full refund or at least a partial...I gave it a few days and needless to say, I'm still waiting on a response and my REFUND...by the way, Hi Kelley its me Chez! thumbsdown.gif

Chez, you will not see a charge on your bank statement for CakeBoss, because you requested the refund the same day you purchased and I was able to void the transaction before it was settled by our merchant account.

Your last email to me instructed me not to contact you further with any tech support. I cancelled your transaction, you were never charged. Please check your bank statement for August and if the charge is still there, please email me directly at [email protected] to resolve this issue.

Jon and I pride ourselves on outstanding customer support, service and response. We would have gladly continued to provide tech support to you to get CakeBoss installed, but we have never held up a refund for any reason.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%