Freezing The Cake Layers

Decorating By ppal10 Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 5:05pm by ppal10

ppal10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ppal10 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering how long I can freeze cake layers without them going bad and how to prepare the cake layers to be frozen? What all you should do to the cake layers before freezing them? This is my first and I need expertise advise. Thanks so much Pallie

3 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 4

Hi there, welcome to CC. The cakes that I make can be frozen for 3 months. I let the cakes cool down completely and then wrap them in saran wrap, maybe few times. Then cover it with foil and put them in a freezer bag. When I want to use it, take it out and put it in the fridge overnight. Take it out next morning and leave it on the counter to come to room temperature. Then fill, cover and decorate!! icon_biggrin.gif

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 4

I also wrap my cakes in plastic wrap when still just slightly warm. This locks in the moisture. Then in foil. Then I put them into the freezer. I've tasted the difference in my cakes from not being in the freezer. The frozen ones are always much more moist, which - in my opinion - makes them taste better. But I hardly ever leave them in for more than two or three weeks. The only reason for that is because I'm a procrastinator by nature and I just don't bake too far in advance.

ppal10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ppal10 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much!!! It is greatly appreciated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%