Cake For 2 Year Old.... Help!

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 7:44pm by Rhonda19

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 5

My son asked me to make a Birthday cake for his friends 2 year old daughter. She likes Dora the Explorer, and I know nothing!!

I did a search in the gallery for Dora Cakes, but since its for a 2 year old, how complicated do I get?? The child's mother asked me if I could do purple frosting, and most all the Dora cakes I looked at use an outdoor theme.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? Ideas??

Thanks alot!! My 2 kids are 21 and 28... and I know nothing about Dora!! (LOL)

4 replies
Rhiannon_Scarlett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhiannon_Scarlett Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 5

Hello

Wilton does a Dora cake pan - and I know that you wouldnt want to buy one but a cake supply store near me hires them out, perhaps you could look for a similar thing?

Or even just google image a pic of dora & try to replicate in cake?
Or even make a round cake with purple icing (BC or Fondant) and maybe a little Dora topper?

Mickey17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickey17 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 5

If you want fairly easy, purple and Dora themed the best thing would be to do Dora's backpack.

There are quite a few images in the gallery if you just do a search for "Backpack" I particularly liked this one out of the first couple....

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 5

I just did a topsy turvey cake for Dora (in my pics) If you type in Dora and hit the search images, you'll come up with a ton of pictures and you'll get some ideas! there are also lots of Dora coloring pages that you could use. Dora colors are very vibrant; orange, yes purple, turquise, yellow. I was selling my cake so I had to buy a dora figurine to use.

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 5

I looked at the pictures, and they gave me some great ideas. But I have something I want to run by everyone.

This is a 2 year old. If I make a gumpaste model of Dora, it won't look like the Dora this child is used too. Should I just purchase a figurine, and use that??

Thanks
Rhonda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%