Castle Wedding Cake

Decorating By Cyndycakes Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 5:19pm by Cyndycakes

Cyndycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndycakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:22pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone made a castle wedding cake? I have a request from a bride. She is slow sending me the link to the picture of the cake, so I haven't given her a yes or no yet. Just wondered if there were any suggestions out there? Thanks

5 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 6

Hi there, I have done a castle cake for a girls b'day. But you could do that with white and gold as a wedding cake. I followed Lindy Smith's " Celebrate with a cake" book. If you can find it from your library, it will be very helpful to you. icon_smile.gif

Cyndycakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 6

THANKS BASHINI, I'LL CHECK IT OUT

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 6

I've done 2! One a Fairytale castle theme which I used the Wilton castle set with (so much easier than making them yourself - but drill holes in the bottom of the towers so you can support them with skewers!). This cake isn't leaning, I'm just a bad photographer lol! Served 125:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_810183.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_810173.html

and this one which is Disney Castle inspired, this was all handmade (and a major PITA!), served 40:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1293822.html

Cyndycakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks Mike, they are both beautiful...I'm going to check out the Wilton's castle set to help make up my mind. I'm keeping a positive mind, and I love challenges icon_smile.gif

Cyndycakes Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 6

Ok here's a picture of the castle cake. Mike you were such a great help with this. I got the chance to stretch with this. I attached the towers with white chocolate melts, and plastic dowel rods, during the transport, they came apart from the 2 large towers, and I hadn't taken any candy melts in my emergency kit....lesson number one. icon_biggrin.gif I was able to secure them pretty well with icing and kind of pushing them a little into the cake. (was I lucky) I had wrapped them separately in bubble wrap in a box, but I guess the bumpy ride must have rattled them. All in all, I was pleased for my first attempt. And the bride and guest were blown away. One last thing learned. I didn't take a picture of the cake as soon as I set it up...I had to get the food down, as I catered as well. The nosey coordinator's asst. did something and the flower in the front was out of place, and a dip in the side, that I was able to fix, before the bride came. But again, to you and Bashini, thanks for all of the help. My CC family is the best!!

I'm not sure how to include the picture, but it's under my photos

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%