What's The Best Way To Do This Design

Decorating By Brendabeeper Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 5:38am by jewelzbakescakes

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:13am
post #1 of 11

I tried to find out who's cake this is, It is just such an AWESOME CAKE . Please note I see it on the cover photo of Purple on the galleries . Unable to locate it in the gallery to give full credit to the owner of this cake.

I love how the lines go from the top to the bottom. How is the best way to do the lines?
LL

10 replies
queenfa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenfa Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:36am
post #2 of 11

Fundant extruding gun with the round disc,then attach to the cake already covered in fondant or frosted in buttercream as you prefer.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:03am
post #3 of 11

The cake is by Karensue, here's the link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1113353

I love this cake too icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 8:24am
post #4 of 11

i've seen something similar by peggy porschen (sp?) and she used royal icing. i love that style, so pretty.

Inga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Inga Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 10:23am
post #5 of 11

this is done with a clay gun and fondant.

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 11

there are a couple of cakes on my gallery like this, its called candy striping and is done with royal icing and a number 3 tip, and LOTS of practice icon_smile.gif ask away if you have any questions x

Inga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:16am
post #8 of 11

Thank you everyone for all your help, Thanks especially for the designers listed. I am in awe of the many wonderfull creations that you all create. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us newbies. I LOVE CC and it is great do to all of you!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:35am
post #9 of 11

Don't mean to get off topic here, but Elise87 your cookie avatar is A-MA-ZING!!!! Not sure I'd have the patience. That thing is a work of art!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:35am
post #10 of 11

They just did something like this on christopher garrins...whichever show he is on...and they used clay gun/extruder as well....

jewelzbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelzbakescakes Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:38am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarsugargal

there are a couple of cakes on my gallery like this, its called candy striping and is done with royal icing and a number 3 tip, and LOTS of practice icon_smile.gif ask away if you have any questions x

The striped cakes are beautiful!
I LOVE your royal icing butterflies, how do you make them?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%