Best Type Of Cake For A 3D Pan?

Decorating By AXOCutie143 Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 10:11pm by kpk125

AXOCutie143 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AXOCutie143 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 2

I'm doing a 1st birthday party cake this week, and it's the first time for me using a Wilton 3D cake pan. I've heard the best things to bake in those pans are pound cakes or pudding added cake mixes. I'm making a small 3D bear for a "smash cake" and then the larger 3D bear on top of a 10 inch round. The mother requested chocolate cake for the big 3D bear. I'm just worried that it will be crumbly and fall apart. I found a recipe for a Chocolate Pound cake in my Cake Doctor cookbook, would something like that hold up? For the little cake, I was going to do a banana pound cake, using a regular pound cake recipe and adding banana pudding and a little banana extract to the frosting. Will that hold the shape well?

Thanks in advance!

1 reply
kpk125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpk125 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 2

As I read your post, I can see that you already have done your 3d cake. I am doing a 3d cake this upcoming weekend and have used the pudding added cake mix prior and it worked but was a bit iffy. What type of cake did you end up using and how did it work? How was the flavor of the pound?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%