Very Small Lattice Impression

Decorating By cathyscakes Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 10:51pm by hallow3

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 8

I am looking for a very small lattice impression mold, do any of you know where I could find this. I'm making a fondant ribbon border that I would like to add a lattice design. Looked everywhere and can't find one that small, thanks

7 replies
neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 8

Depends what size or shape you're looking for. search Youtube. I found a video once where Susan Carberry turned mini heart-shaped cake pans upside down and used royal icing to make a heart-shaped lattice basket type of thing. It was beautiful. Good luck!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 8

I mean look through the craft store--y'know those plastic mesh grids that you weave yarn though to make ornaments and tissue box covers and stuff? Those get real small--you could redefine the grid with a metal edged ruler or something. I have a rolling pin that you would like it's for smocking but you could roll both ways for great effect. And I have a little imprinter too.

Check out Global Sugar Art. Look for cross stitch stuff.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 8:09pm
post #5 of 8

You may want to try Home Depot in the paint section. i happen to find this lattice plastic pattern in paint roller holder. It's some type of holder(LOL).
HTH
Hammy

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 8

thanks everyone, good idea to go looking in non cake stuff, I'll go searching tomorrow. I saw on cake boss where he put a band of lattice around the bottom of his grapes and ivy cake, I loved the look of it, trying to replicate it, thanks

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 8

Sorry, I forgot, did you look at the Patchwork cutters, they have a lattice and diamond pattern cutters that are small also. You will find them Global Cake art or other online cake decoration suppliers. (I'm Getting Old)!
Hammy

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:51pm
post #8 of 8

also look where at the craft store where you buy clay sculpting stuff too, I have found a lot of stuff you can use for cake making too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%