Anyone Ever Do A Heart Shaped Topsy Turvey?

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 4:33pm by gottabakenow

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 8

I have to do a bridal shower this week, the theme is a heart within a heart (not intersecting). I have a couple of ideas, but this morning I started wondering about doing a topsy turvey with heart shaped cakes, and then maybe decorating the top to look like the bodice of a dress. just wondering ifanyone out there had done a heart shaped TT before? is it harder than round? any help would be appreciated!

7 replies
tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 8

so I guess this means noone know???

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 8

I havent done a topsy turvy cake yet but would love to know the answer too, so free bump!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 8

This isn't a TT but it is so beautiful, hth
LL

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 8

I am sorry, I can't find the person that posted this cake, I know it is for a shower but you could make it smaller or not use but it so beautiful.

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 8

This is probably coming a little late, but for a heart shaped topsy turvy I would make 3 heart cakes (per tier). For the top layer of each tier, I would take one of the cakes and cut it at a diagonal (starting from the top of the heart). Only put one of these cut sides onto the other stacked hearts in the tier to make it look lopsided. It wouldn't work if you tried putting the other cut piece on it. Hopefully that makes sense to you.

I've never done a heart shaped topsy turvy, but if executed right, I think it would look awesome icon_smile.gif Good luck at your show!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 8:26pm
post #7 of 8

Hmmm, I'm doing a special cake for Sunday for my son's gf whom I adore, hmmm...I was only gonna do two tiers though...hmm...very interesting!

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 8

that cake is 2sdae's.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%