Cherry Blossoms

Decorating By sister340 Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 11:50pm by sister340

sister340 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sister340 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:48am
post #1 of 8

I followed the tutorial for cherry blossoms by Jacque Benson on another site and of course, mine are lacking. I am having trouble getting the edges ruffly with a ball tool. Hers are so delicate and pretty, but if I get mine that thin, they really look ragged.
Any suggestions? They are out of gumpaste.
thanks;
j.

7 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:55am
post #2 of 8

you do have to have your g/p thin.. then on a foam pad. take the ball too.. let it be on the edge of the petal and more on the foam pad. and press a little.. not too heavy.. then just go around the petal litely. just keep practicing and you will get it. hth... what site did you see it done?

icer101 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:01am
post #3 of 8

i just watched the tutorial . can,t believe they rather use fondant. but , i rather use g/p.. i was taught this method 13 yrs. ago .. by my first teacher. a great method. i teach it at michaels when i teach the g/p class only.. so just keep practicing and you will get it.. just don,t press too hard with the ball too for the edges.. hth

sister340 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:15am
post #4 of 8

I'm using nicholas lodges' g/p recipe. But this time it seems a little tacky. thank your for your encouragement, I'll keep at it.
j.

icer101 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:29am
post #5 of 8

ok... if it seems tacky... then just add a little powder sugar to it. not much. then put little shortening on your fingers and massage the g/p again.. this should help.. then do as the tutorial says. it is just getting use to different ways of making flowers. and this is a great way that they are showing. the whole site is great. i had been on this before .. but had forgotten it.. put it in my favs again..

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:53am
post #6 of 8

Show us pics. when your done!

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 6:40am
post #7 of 8

i have been wanting to know how to do cheery blossoms for ages.. So glad for this post.. Thanks so much! annoyed that i bought cherry blossom cutters when i didn't need them! icon_sad.gif

sister340 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:50pm
post #8 of 8

Cherry blossom photos posted on my photos. They turned out pretty good. Now I'll attempt getting them in little bunches like the tutorial recommends and get ready to do the cake, it's for Sat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%