Help!!! Mortgage Burning!

Decorating By jekizer Updated 25 Aug 2005 , 3:17am by karent

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 14

I have an order for a mortgage burning cake. thumbs_up.gif They want it to feed 150 and be three layers with filling! icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif Now, I am trying to find some good ideas for this massive cake. Any ideas out there?

13 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 14

What about being topped with a roll of fondant that is made to look up like a rolled up peice of paper and have a fondant lighter with flame touching the paper? You can put a ribbon around the rolled up fondant that says 'mortgage'

Debbi

jekizer Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 14

That is a great idea. I need to practice with fondant. I have never worked with it before. It is intimidating to me for some reason. Thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe this is what I need to get over my fear of fondant. icon_smile.gif

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 14

Or you could do fondant in the shape of a piece of paper and use diluted black coloring to paint the title "Mortgage" on the top (get out your own mortgage for reference!! lol) and then just do some painting to replicate typing down the rest of it....then take bc and pipe on some flames at the bottom of it in red/orange/yellow...all on top of a sheet cake.

Better yet, you could do an edible image of the mortgage and then pipe on the bc flames!

Just some jumping off points....HTH icon_biggrin.gif

jekizer Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 14

I have thought that I would make the top of the sheet cake look like the actual mortgage... and then put the black edges around the entire thing to make it look like it had been burned?

I don't know.... I am stuck on this one.

I like the flame idea. I will have to do some thinking on this one.

Maybe the top of the cake could be the mortgage and the sides all flames???

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 2:30am
post #6 of 14

I really like your idea of the top of the cake being the mortgage and the sides looking like flames. You are going to have big sides to work with--so you had best cover them with a main part of the cake.

Can't wait to see pics!

Lisa

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 2:50am
post #7 of 14

That sounds like a good idea too...and very easy to do, not too complicated. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 4:44am
post #8 of 14

What about a bonfire w/ pretzel sticks with icing as the fire & have the fondant mortgage sitting on top of the fire? You could even do fire around the edges on the cake too.

jekizer Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 1:04pm
post #9 of 14

Awesome ideas! I am hoping to finalize the order in the next couple of days. I will let ya'll know how it goes!

jekizer Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 2:35pm
post #10 of 14

Is it possible to make this three layers with filling? I have never done that many layers before?

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 2:55pm
post #11 of 14

Don't see why not--that's going to be a very big cake, though.

Lisa

jekizer Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 3:12pm
post #12 of 14

That is what I was thinking! I think it is going to be very difficult to transport. It is for the owners of the company that I work for... so it needs to be perfect.

Nothing like some added pressure icon_smile.gif

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 7:14pm
post #13 of 14

What a great idea for a cake!! That's what I love about this site! icon_smile.gif

karent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karent Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 3:17am
post #14 of 14

Another idea would be to have two cakes - different favors - that will help with the size of the cake. You could have one with the name of the company and the other with the mortgage burning.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%