Kitchen Aid Pasta Roller

Decorating By brian1974 Updated 6 Sep 2009 , 7:37pm by Peridot

brian1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brian1974 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:34am
post #1 of 5

So i tried mine out for the first time today i dusted it with corn starch before i fed through my gumpaste.
But it seemed no matter how dusted the gumpaste was a bit would stick to the roller. and then i would have to try cleaning it off with a toothpick each time.
really aanoying.
so at the end of my gumpaste rolling session it had bits all throughout it
yet it says not to wash...ugh
does anyone ignore this and wash it?
Secondly with the gumpaste if i want the final piece to be a no 6 , do i have to start passing it through as a 1 then a 3 and then 5 6?
or can i can straight to 6? never used one before.

thanks

Brian

4 replies
CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:37am
post #2 of 5

don't know about the sticking part but as far as how thin you want it you have to start big to go small. I am thinking about buying it too but just not ready to shell out 150 bucks for it right now...lol

JennaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaB Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:52am
post #3 of 5

I have used it for gumpaste, I start out by rolling out some GP a little thicker than the largest setting and then feed it through, reducing the setting by 1 each roll through.

To clean it, I just run a hot damp papertowel throught the machine likes its gumpaste until the rollers are clear and the run a dry one through to dry it.

brian1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brian1974 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 5

Jenna big thanks tried that techniqe this morning with the towel and it worked a charm.
Thanks icon_smile.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 5

I have a KA pasta roller and use it all of the time for my gumpaste or fondant. You need to first roll out your gumpaste by hand- like at about a 1 or 2 setting on the KA. BEFORE you put it through the KA pasta roller take your cornstarch bag and rub it lightly over the piece of gumpaste (both sides). Then put it through the pasta roller at 2 or 3 and then move it up to 5 or 6.

If your pasta roller is that full of cornstarch you are using way too much and you don't dust the rollers - you dust the piece of gumpaste very lightly. I rarely have to clean my rollers - only when I start getting to heavy with the cornstarch do I have to clean them.

I hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%