Heart Cutout On Side With Ganache

Decorating By LizzyLaw06 Updated 6 Sep 2009 , 6:07am by ceshell

LizzyLaw06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzyLaw06 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 4

ok, so i'm doing an anniversary cake in a couple weeks. my idea is pour ganache down the sides(kinda like cake-happy's shea baby shower cake) only i was thinking about putting a heart cutter in the side abit so that the ganache would flow around it and then when dry removing the cutter. i want to do this all the way around the side of the cake, like 8 hearts, do i really need to get 8 cutters the same size or is there another way i'm not thinking of

TIA

3 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:20am
post #2 of 4

Have you ever seen this actually done before (and if so can you direct us to some pics so we can see an example) In trying to envision it, I am imagining that when the cutter is pulled away, it is not going to leave a neat edge, even if the cake is chilled. I could be totally wrong about that but I'd be concerned about how to make sure the cutter doesn't pull some of the ganache off with it. I sure do like the idea, it sounds like a cool twist.

Sorry I couldn't be more help; just figured if I posted someone else might have some ideas too.

LizzyLaw06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzyLaw06 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 5:11am
post #3 of 4

no i havn't seen it done, just something i've visioned myself while thinking of ideas(the client left it open for me)

i did think about what you're saying though. and i thought about running a toothpic around the cutter so that i can get a clean edge when i pull the cutter away. and if needed, i can outline the heart with buttercream to hide any rips in the ganache

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 6:07am
post #4 of 4

That sounds cool! Also you could let the ganache firm up and rather than use bc, use the ganache itself to pipe the outline. Even so I still can't figure how you could do it without multiple cutters, unless you did it one section at a time...but then it would be all lumpy.

There is probably an obvious solution here that neither of us are thinking of icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%