Heart Cutout On Side With Ganache

Decorating By LizzyLaw06 Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 8:52am by majka_ze

LizzyLaw06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzyLaw06 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 2

ok, so i'm doing an anniversary cake in a couple weeks. my idea is pour ganache down the sides(kinda like cake-happy's shea baby shower cake) only i was thinking about putting a heart cutter in the side abit so that the ganache would flow around it and then when dry removing the cutter. i want to do this all the way around the side of the cake, like 8 hearts, do i really need to get 8 cutters the same size or is there another way i'm not thinking of

TIA

1 reply
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 8:52am
post #2 of 2

Not really wanting to rain in your parade...

It is nice idea but I suspect it will bring quite a lot of problems. The heart cutter has indentation on top - this will be where the ganache will pile up. Not really sure it will flow around the sides easily, closing the gap under the heart.

What I would do - make white chocolate cutouts and glue them on the sides after the ganache sets. It is not the same, but not as problematic.

As alternative, not really knowing how clean result you get: Make the hearts from construction paper or something similar, put it on the cake, perhaps even hold it with pins temporarily. Pour the ganache over it all, removing the hearts after it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%