Hamburger Cupcakes

Decorating By kmdrysdale Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 6:14pm by cs_confections

kmdrysdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmdrysdale Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 10

I just saw these in the pictures and thought they would be great for our church lunch. so i want to makes these today for tomorrow. So How is the best way to do these? What size cupcake tin? What is a good recipe? and would i just do the cheese and lettuce out of fondant and the ketchup and stuff out of buttercream?

Please let me know ASAP as i think i need to go shopping lol Thanks a bunch. While i am waiting for a reply i will go back to searching for the answer.

9 replies
threeforhim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threeforhim Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 10

I posted a request for directions, too. They were so cute!

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 10

I haven't made these but think they are darling too! I would use a firm cake recipe so that they do not fall apart as you cut them open. For the hamburger pattie you could you coco krispie cereal, fondant for lettuce, cheese, tomato, and colored buttercream for ketchup and lettuce. icon_smile.gif

Have fun and make sure to post your pictures!

juro1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juro1234 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 10

I made these in a regular size cupcake pan. I make the tops with vanilla cake mix and the middles with chocolate. Then I just piped the middle stuff with butter cream. If you want the cheese just you fondant.

kmdrysdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmdrysdale Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 10

When you say firm cake do you mean like a WASC recipe? Sorry for such newbie questionsicon_smile.gif I never thought of the coco krispie for patties that is a great idea. I was just going to make extra pan of chocolate cupcakes

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 10

Yup - that is the exact recipe I would use. icon_smile.gif

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 10

Hi there! I made these about a month ago for a BBQ party and they were a hit.
I used a egular sized cupcake pan..made Vanilla cupcakes and for the middle part, I bakes some brownies and used my circle cutter for the "hamburge patties".
You can check them out in my album...

If you need anything else, feel free to ask icon_smile.gif

beanbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beanbean Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:10pm
post #8 of 10

I have made them a couple of times and they are a huge hit at picnics.
Vanilla cupcakes: make sure you cook them using paper wrappers. If you don't use a wrapper, the edges turn a darker color and don't look right.
Brownie patties: Just use a circle cookie cutter to make small patties. If you are running short on patties, just mush up the brownie scraps, press together and cut out circles with the cutter.
Ketchup: red BC
Mustard or cheese: yellow BC
Lettuce: green buttercream
Sesame seeds: Brush top with a little meringue powder/water mix and sprinkle on top. Very important. They really complete the look.

To make sugar cookie fries: roll out some sugar cookie dough fairly thick on some parchment paper, sprinkle with sugar, and bake as one large "cookie" When cookie is done and still warm, use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut into strips. Serve in a basket with parchment paper underneath.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 5:57pm
post #9 of 10

Here is a link to bakerellas hamburger cupcakes with some templates for the basket and wrapper. It is for fathers day, but it is a great idea. I have not made them, but they sure are cute..

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2009/06/fast-food-fun.html

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 6:14pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by linedancer

Here is a link to bakerellas hamburger cupcakes with some templates for the basket and wrapper. It is for fathers day, but it is a great idea. I have not made them, but they sure are cute..

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2009/07/fast-food-fun.html

I made these (in my pics). Her templates include a blank fry carton, too, so you aren't just limited to the Father's Day message.

Her templates were great and the instructions made it super easy

I used a different type of brownie and I cut the ridges off the top half of my cupcake to make it look more bunlike. If I had more time, I would have done cheese and lettuce out of fondant - next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%