Well At Least It Tastes Good..

Decorating By WildSugar Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 11:31pm by indydebi

WildSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WildSugar Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 7

I was SO excited to try my new Giant Cupcake pan today. I baked the cake last night and decorated it today. But it's UGLY! I hate it! I'm going to give it a while before i try this one again. And i definitely will not do the base white. I did learn, though, that the large tips can be used in a regular size piping bag without a coupler. WHY i bought the large tip without buying a large coupler, i do not know....

But it was DEElish! I made a lemon/lime flavored WASC with lime buttercream frosting. It's SOOOO tasty!

Stupid thing wont let me attach the pic here....i'll put it in my photos....

6 replies
HeatherWantsCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherWantsCake Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 7

It's not ugly and I kind of like the white base, actually. The shape is adorable - I'm totally jealous! I want one of those pans, too!! We're always hardest on ourselves, I think. I could totally see that cake, with the white base, with a pink top and some fondant "sprinkles". In fact, I think I saw a 2-layer topsy turvy cupcake with colours that I loved.

I made some lime cupcakes for a friend a while back but they weren't very "limey". How did you make the lemon/lime WASC and the lime frosting? Glad it's delish!

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 7

I like the white base too icon_smile.gif

GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 7

I like the white base also.

You might want to check this other thread: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-647428.html

and the blog where it explains how is done:
http://ohsugarcakes.blogspot.com/2009/03/candy-liner-for-giant-cupcake.html

nicki9774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicki9774 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 7

Your cake looks fine. I did one for my dad's 60th birthday and forgot to even take a picture. You want to talk about bad luck and I made to cakes forgot the picture for that one too. My mom wanted it airbrushed in a rainbow color and design. Not that easy on a cupcake. Would have been great if it was flat.

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 7

I hate mine too! Worst $30 I ever spent.Yours looks good though,mine was too ugly to put pics.of it on here.My daughter has it on her myspace and every time I see it I tell her to take it off because it is so ugly,but she hasn't yet.I was so dissapointed in this pan especially since I just couldn't wait to have it when it first came out. icon_mad.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 11:31pm
post #7 of 7

I don't think it's an ugly cake, either. The only thing I might suggest is to use a bigger tip when making the flower stems (like maybe a size 12) and a larger tip for the flower leaves.

I never use a coupler for my large tips, either ... they take up too much space in the bag and you just can't get all of the icing out, like you can with the small ones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%