Need Help With Creme Bouquet!!

Decorating By Ang0306 Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 7:30pm by maddie90

Ang0306 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ang0306 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:12am
post #1 of 17

I just made a batch of icing and thought I would try creme boquet, I had heard so much about it. Well, way too citrus for my taste, is there any way to salvage this batch or do I have to start over?? icon_cry.gif

16 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:27am
post #2 of 17

Really, which brand of creme bouquet did you use?

If CB was the only flavor you used, you can even out the flavor by adding vanilla or almond.

You'll probably end up with a more strongly flavored b/c than you usually make, but it should taste good. icon_smile.gif

HTH

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:36am
post #3 of 17

See I like the Creme Bouquet too. It has a lemony flavor that I love! I agree though...just add vanilla to it and it will help to tone it out.

Ang0306 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:37am
post #4 of 17

I used CK, it may be that I am not used to it, but I was not impressed...I am not sure what I did wrong...I have been adding almond, vanilla and butter flavor to try and "cover" . I think I will have to add more sugar to get the consistency back. I just did not want to dump all this other flavoring in and still have to toss it.
Thanks!!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:49am
post #5 of 17

magic line is the most popular brand of creme bouquet. never use ck.. it might taste just like ck. ha! i don,t know.. i would put that batch of buttercream in a big tupperware container.. freeze it.. then i as i made other batches of b/c.. add little of that it.. then you will use it up and it will not go to waste. hth

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:50am
post #6 of 17

My daughter did not like it either. She doesn't like lemon though. It doesn't take a lot of that to flavor buttercream. I don't know with all the other stuff in there if it will ever come back though. icon_sad.gif

Hope you get it where you like it. Like I said, I really do like it. I had it on my wedding cake and loved it so much. But I know it is not good with chocolate cake LOL. Tried that and didn't care for it at all.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:58am
post #7 of 17

When I use CB, I use the CK brand and only use it as an enhancer.

Meaning I use 3/4 tsp CB with 2 1/4 tsp vanilla and my customers rave about it.

conb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conb Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:01am
post #8 of 17

How much did you use? I only use 1tsp to enhance the flavor. But I also add butter, vanilla and orange.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:02am
post #9 of 17

I don't care for creme bouquet at all....

Ang0306 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 4:31am
post #10 of 17

Had to salvage,although freezing and using little by little is a great idea. Cake due tomorrow! It was chocolate cake I was making, and I could deal with the icing, but on the choc cake, I did not like it. Thanks for all the help, I think I can make it and I will do as someone else said, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!" I will stick to my make shift recipe.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP!!! icon_biggrin.gif

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 8:13pm
post #11 of 17

I use the Creme Bouquet (1 tsp), along with 1 tsp each of vanilla, almond, and butter flavoring...it is remarkable! People come to me to ask me my recipe, as it is not such a sweet, cloying taste that some butter cream icings put out...they love the feel of the icing, as well as the taste.

There was a recipe on the CC Forum for Creme Bouquet, but I cannot find it...it truly takes the icing over the top. If anyone has that link, would you please post it?

Thanks,
Lutie

klat7292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klat7292 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 8:28pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutie

I use the Creme Bouquet (1 tsp), along with 1 tsp each of vanilla, almond, and butter flavoring...it is remarkable! People come to me to ask me my recipe, as it is not such a sweet, cloying taste that some butter cream icings put out...they love the feel of the icing, as well as the taste.

Ditto... thumbs_up.gif except I use 1 Tbsp of Magic Line Creme Bouquet and then 1 tsp of all of above...I love it and I have not had one single complaint yet...I think that all the flavors balance each other and work wonderful together...I am considering trying out the Wedding Bouquet flavor that Sugar Shack uses in her recipe - since I already use her BC recipe...can't think of the name right now, but you can buy it on Global Sugar Art's website icon_lol.gif

HTH icon_wink.gif

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 8:56pm
post #13 of 17

I just recently tried the the Creme Bouquet with a BC, chocolate cake, covered with MMF and that fantastic Bettercreme. OMG that was a good cake. I only added 1tsp to each batch of BC. One problem, I bought the CB in June 2009 at this cake supply store and it had the date of 8-29-09. Please don't tell me that's the expiration date. As I was busy getting other cake items in the store, the owner was ringing up my bill with my DH paying. I didn't use it right away, so I never looked at the bottle until I had the cake to do in July. I know I should have taken it back. I will not do business at that place again and DH has been warned, "Don't pay until I finish and I'm at the counter and we both better look at the labels. Sorry for venting.
Hammy

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:44am
post #14 of 17

Magic Line's creme bouquet tastes and smells so much better than CK's. It's the only one I'll use.

CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:57am
post #15 of 17

I'm not a fan, but I stock the Magic Line brand in my store. I will tell you one thing, they have assured me the date stamped on the bottle is a sell by date only and NOT an expiration date! It seems like CB is either a love it or hate it flavor, there's no middle ground!
-Lori

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 9:25am
post #16 of 17

Thanks Lori for the info on the Creme Bouquet! How long can it be used? Is the shelf life a year past the sell by date?
Hammy

maddie90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddie90 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:30pm
post #17 of 17

so is creme bouquet similiar in taste to wedding bouquet? how would you describe the taste of wedding bouquet?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%