Project Runway Anyone?

Lounge By adree313 Updated 24 Nov 2009 , 2:31pm by cylstrial

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:34am
post #1 of 80

is anyone else watching project runway this season? early favorites? i'd say christopher, johnny, and shirin. but i like a lot so far!

79 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 4:06am
post #2 of 80

I am! But I have to wait for the vids to be up on You Tube. We don't have cable TV at our house. icon_biggrin.gif

I don't have any fav's yet...have been surprise at who's been auf'd so far, though -- guess they're sticking with talent and not crazy this year!

Are you watching models of the runway, too? I find it very interesting!

Do you know if Tim Gunn's guide to fashion is coming to LifeTime, too? My mom adores Tim Gunn!

adree313 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 80

i think they show episodes at mylifetime.com. i was really surprised at the first person to go out. at least she made a garment!! i've been watching models of the runway as well, but not as closely as PR.

i have no idea about tim gunn's show, but i love him too! "i have to say: i don't get it" haha. or, of course, "make it work!"

i thought for sure i'd see more people on here who watched icon_sad.gif

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 4:55pm
post #4 of 80

I watch it but I dvr it and watch when I can sit and enjoy it. I do think the first one needed to go but I disagreed with last weeks elimination. I kind of liked the chicken egg, lol. Better than those sloppy shorts, at least he had a vision.

adree313 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:00pm
post #5 of 80

i agree, he did have a stong vision. and i have to admit, i just liked listening to his voice, so calming! haha. mitchell has rubbed me wrong since the beginning. he was given too many chances for my liking.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 80

idk I watched it all the time on Bravo, but I keep forgetting it's on Lifetime. It's not the same icon_sad.gif

jo_ann Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:30pm
post #7 of 80

Mitchell is really bad, he seems so spacey, I can't wait for him to be gone. I like Johnny, I admire how he overcame his addiction and his work is good, will he win, probably not. They have some really good designers this year.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:46pm
post #8 of 80

i've seen one episode with my daughter and quite honestly, would rather be watching a cake show. Not my cup of tea. icon_rolleyes.gif

adree313 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 6:08pm
post #9 of 80

i like a lot of shows with different outlets of art icon_smile.gif whether it be designing cake/sugar or clothes or houses or rooms.

i also feel like they've gotten a mix of more defined designers; no room for messing up here.

jo_ann Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 8:39pm
post #10 of 80

I'm with you adree313, i love the cake shows, but besides project runway, I like the room design shows, I even like hell's kitchen ( lol shoot me), top chef, etc.

Anyway, woohoo, he's finally gone, 3 strikes your out. YES!

Even though I didn't agree about the winning design.

adree313 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 12:11am
post #11 of 80

yeah, i totally just didn't "get" the whole "wow factor" of that green thing that won. of the top two, i would have picked the cute skirt and sweater combo.

i'm soooo glad mitchell's gone! i loved how the judge's eyes got all huge when he flat out admitted he didn't do anything!

as for other shows, i'm a reality t.v. junkie, besides movies and cake decorating, reality t.v. is one of my top vices icon_biggrin.gif flipping out, cake shows, PR, shear genius (hair stylist show), there was a make up show i loved, top design, of course top chef, even america's next top model (gotta love crazy tyra)!... you catch my drift icon_smile.gif

jo_ann Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 12:31am
post #12 of 80

Damn girl, you and me both. I really did not get ramon's design. I liked shirin's look.
Sorry , I watch Ameica's next top model, hell's kitchen, projectrunwayLeverage, America's got talent. etc. Hate me,that's okay.

Jo-Ann

adree313 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:05am
post #13 of 80

i certainly don't hate you, i think we'd have fabulous t.v. nights! haha. i have a thing for watching other people's creativity come to life... except for when i don't get it icon_biggrin.gif

jo_ann Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:40am
post #14 of 80

There are alot of times that I don't get it but they ARE ARTISTS. I love these shows and I think we should have weekly critiques. What do you saycadree313.

adree313 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:57am
post #15 of 80

i'm so in! it'd be cool if we could get a few more viewers, but it seems we're the only real reality junkies around (so not true, everyone else just doesn't want to admit it icon_rolleyes.gif )

oh, and just adree is fine icon_biggrin.gif

jo_ann Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:11am
post #16 of 80

OKy, I think Andree and Jo should be judges and we'll have guest judges every week to add spice to the weekly shows, not just project runway, but to any weekly reality show we should deem appropriate Sound good to you. Of course we could veto any and all votes we deem inappropriate. LOL..

adree313 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:30am
post #17 of 80

sounds perfect, especially the part about having the veto power icon_biggrin.gif

what shows should be included? i don't know how many are actually on right now since it's summer. the only ones i really know of right now are top chef and project runway -- of course this isn't including all the non competition reality shows i like... real housewives anyone? icon_biggrin.gif oh, america's got talent is on right? what day/channel?

jo_ann Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:49am
post #18 of 80

I thik any and all shows should be included ( that has judging), I also think that anyone that watches these shows should be allowed to judge. BUT I feel if there is a tie that andree and I (jo_ann) should have the final say (vote) in the results. ALL IN FAVOR SAY I. III

adree313 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #19 of 80

IIII (and according to the rules, that should be enough right? haha)

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:39am
post #20 of 80

Since, the winners have already been decided, I can't help myself that says, thank heavens Mitchell is gone.

He didn't come to win. He couldn't sew. He didn't care. Don't get me wrong, he has talent. He just didn't care.

adree313 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:19am
post #21 of 80

yay, i'm glad someone else is chiming in icon_smile.gif

i also got that vibe from him. he kind of just... was there. kind of just to be there, ya know?

i'm really interested to see what shirin, johnny, and christopher are going to do. maybe althea, too. it's hard to pick because there's a lot of talent going on.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:03pm
post #22 of 80

I really think I have a reality tv show addiction problem!

I am glad Mitchell is gone. that fellow needs medication to concentrate or something.
I didn't get the green outfit that won either.
I really liked the runner up much better.

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 2:16am
post #23 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

I really think I have a reality tv show addiction problem!

I am glad Mitchell is gone. that fellow needs medication to concentrate or something.
I didn't get the green outfit that won either.
I really liked the runner up much better.

I don't know what you watch on a regular basis, so I can't say if it's an addiction or not.

I watch for one reason only, I have my choice between Law & Order, & all it's derivatives or reality TV.

I watch Project Runway, because I started life as a fashion design/merchandising major. I love the train wrecks, that they think people will wear. It's the only reason I still have to get the big magazines is when they showcase the new lines. Case in point, 'the hen and egg ensemble'. If he had just used a different fabric, it might have sold, doubt it; but anything that looked better than the fabric he used.

The green thing that won, no not going to happen on any woman; except for Paris Hilton. She will wear anything. It was inventive and fun.
Neoprene as a new fabric for women; not going to happen, women hate to sweat.

adree313 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 3:14am
post #24 of 80

i know i have a reality tv addiction. i admit it and, for the most part, i'm okay with it.

and i agree. why in the world would you think neoprene would be okay for the every day woman? nope.

jo_ann Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 9:52pm
post #25 of 80

What did you think of this weeks Project Runway show? I am in love with Epperson's creation. I so want that dress.
Johnny, Qristal and Logan's were pretty bad. I don't know who should have gone. Qristal was in the bottom 2 twice before and this was the first time for both Johnny and Logan.

I don't know if I agree with Carol Hannah winning, but that might be because I love Epperson's dress. LOL

Jo-Ann

adree313 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:32pm
post #26 of 80

i didn't hate epperson's dress, but it wasn't my favorite.

honestly, i've been waiting for qristyl to be out. i never really got her point of view at all. i was holding my breath the whole time when it was between her and logan. i didn't like logan's, but i generally like his designs so i really didn't want him to go.

i love carol hannah's dress! althea actually won, but i don't know how much i agree with that. the outfit to me looked ill fitting.

let down by johnny and christopher this time around, too!

jo_ann Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:50pm
post #27 of 80

I definitely think that althea's dress should NOT have won. It was ill fitting.

I also liked Nicholas's look. That white dress was sharp.

If you go to

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/project-runway-scorecard#

They have a scorecard of how each designer fared.

And you can rate each look if you click on rate the runway.

adree313 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:00am
post #28 of 80

oooo i like the score card. i love mitchell's: "WORST 3, WORST 3, OUT" haha.

jo_ann Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:05am
post #29 of 80

Oh, I definitely laughed at that one.

I also love the scorecard, great addition.

jo_ann Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:18am
post #30 of 80

And we seem to have a tie.

Jo-Ann - Epperson

andree313 - Carol Hannah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%