Need A Marble Cake Recipe For Two Tier!!!!!

Baking By cakesnkisses Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 2:47am by patticakesnc

cakesnkisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesnkisses Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:32am
post #1 of 4

Searched and could not find. Any great marble cake recipe will do. TIA

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:42am
post #2 of 4

marble cake is just chocolate cake and yellow or white cake swirled together.

oldest way:

make a full batch of yellow.

split batch in half or 1/3 & 2/3

to one half or the 1/3: add chocolate (melted, syrup, cocoa powder, or any combo) to get desired chocolate flavor.

swirl the two half batches together in the pans. (pour from both bowls at same time or put in yellow and then dollop on the choco and use knife to gently swirl.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:31am
post #3 of 4
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:47am
post #4 of 4

I like to use the WASC as a base recipe for most of my cakes. The marble I purchase the marble cake mix and set aside the chocolate packs. Make the WASC minus the almond flavoring and then put aside part of the finished batter. Mix the part set aside with the chocolate packs and there I have my chocolate and vanilla. Pour my vanilla, spoon in my chocolate and swirl. Works perfectly. Great taste and texture. I have stacked it as well with no problems. What I do not recommend is spooning each of the chocolate and vanillas alternately then swirling. I did this one time and they wanted to seperate on me. Luckily it was a sheetcake so I didn't have to worry about a stacking disaster.

Just pour a pan of vanilla. Spoon large spoons of chocolate into it and then run your spoon or knife up and down and back and forth for a beautiful effect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%