Cookies On A Stick - Before Or After Baking

Baking By kpry Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 2:57am by indydebi

kpry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpry Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:23am
post #1 of 7

I am making some cookies this weekend. What is better for cookie pops, put the stick in the cookie before baking or attach after? The cookies will not be too big, I have never done these before.

6 replies
onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:32am
post #2 of 7

I've never done them on a stick. One of the awesome CC ladies here suggested hot gluing the stick and attaching it to the back of the bag and adding a piece of tape over it. Works awesome! They look great! (pic in my photos)

kpry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpry Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:51am
post #3 of 7

Great idea! Thank you.

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:30am
post #4 of 7

I use bamboo skewers for my cookies on a stick. I insert them into the cookies while they are hot. I dip the stick in corn syrup first to add a little adhesive. I push the cookie up as far as it will go and it is very stable.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:43am
post #5 of 7

You'll find a variety of answers and I think it comes down to trying a few of the suggestions until you find the one that you like best.

I prefer to insert my sticks before I bake. Be sure the cookie is thicker than the stick (uh, guess how I figured THAT one out! icon_redface.gif )

Once I insert the stick, I press down gently on the cookie, around the stick, to adhere the dough to the stick a bit better.

For bigger cookies, I'll (carefully) turn the cookie over to make sure the stick isn't exposed (if I pushed it in crooked). If I can see the stick, I'll take a bit of cookie dough and "bandaid" it over the exposed stick. Turn cookie back over and bake.

I don't have a problem with cookies spinning or sliding down the stick at all.

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:48am
post #6 of 7

I like to insert the stick right after they come from the oven...that way they are in the cookie while it is cooling off and it stays on. Either a skewer or the wilton candy lollipop sticks...both work well for me. Of course the skewer is a skinnier stick andthe cookie doesn't have to be so thick, however if working with the wilton stick the cookie needs to be a lil thicker...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:57am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdcr8r

I dip the stick in corn syrup first to add a little adhesive.

oh, that sounds like a good idea! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%