I Re-Made My Wedding Cake For My Anniversary

Decorating By kelleym Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 12:58pm by gloria

overindulged Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
overindulged Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 5:46pm
post #31 of 40

That is a great idea... My tenth is next year... I might have to steal this concept. icon_smile.gif We were broke at the time and my cake was a "favor" from my MIL's best friend and I had NO SAY in what I could have except for the color... which she even got wrong (periwinkle is NOT navy blue!)

thumbs_up.gif

mama_amy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama_amy Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 6:10pm
post #32 of 40

Yours is so much nicer than the original. It is very pretty and I really like the way that it was supposed to look.

I had the same topper for my 2003 wedding. We didn't get a traditional wedding cake and there are no pictures of the lovely sheet cake that we did have (long story there). Totally going to swipe this idea for my 10th anniversary and make a small tiered cake.

DuncanHinesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DuncanHinesgirl Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 6:49pm
post #33 of 40

Happy Anniversary! I was 1994bride, too. I love your version of the cake. Did you even recreate the cake flavors?

I ordered my cake from a local supermarket (no money back then). The cake looked okay but tasted awful.

I hope to make my perfect cake for the 25th anniversary. It's a long way off but I figure it gives me more time to keep practicing.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 11:39pm
post #34 of 40

awwwww, thats so cute and im a big modern cake lover but this is really really lovely and its a definite improvement on the original - much crisper and precise looking but you'd totally know it was the same design. congrats on your anniversary!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 11:54pm
post #35 of 40

Aww thats sweet and your remake looks FAB! My husband told me one day he wants me to remake our wedding cake...LOL It wasn't much. but I did go in and say I don't want anything elaborate just a simple all white on the plain side but with simple swags and roses and leaves. Hahahaha Now I can not beleive I asked for that. Sheesh I was a morron! The cake was nice but my conflicting description-good gravey. Oh and I had the white cuddling feather doves with white bells topper.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:10am
post #36 of 40

Thank you so much for your comments, everyone. I am ridiculously happy with the pretty cake that I made.

Although there are many things that bother me about the original (the giant borders, the different shades of pink - my wedding colors were SOFT pink and silver), I think the thing that gets me the most is the top tier which is just obscured by the POOF. I remember when we took it out of the freezer for our 1 year anniversary, and as I was unwrapping it, I was thinking "maybe it wasn't as bad as I remembered", and then I saw it and I was like "Yup."

The bakery that made it was actually a place that specialized in cheesecakes (we had a cheesecake for our groom's cake, and it looked delicious - can't say for sure how it tasted, I never got a piece). They had a booth at a wedding show I had been at. Obviously they were doing wedding cakes as a way to sell more cheesecakes. They have long since gone out of business.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:17am
post #37 of 40

You did a beautiful job! I think it is so romantic that you recreated your wedding cake!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 9:43am
post #38 of 40

your version by far is better! so crisp, so neat, so clean. i love the topper!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:58pm
post #39 of 40

I love your version as well. Very soft and clean. AWESOME JOB!

gloria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gloria Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:58pm
post #40 of 40

I too did not notice the pillars!

What a difference - same but not the same.

Its scary when you think that was made by a "pro"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%