Dr. Seuss Edible Images?

Decorating By emlashlee Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 1:42am by nancysmom

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 9

I need to make a Dr. Seuss baby shower cake and checked out a lot of great ones from the gallery here. Almost everyone used edible images. Is there some place you can buy these or did everyone just use their edible image printer?

8 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 9

I believe Walmart prints them but if you can't get it there I suggest trying some local bakeries. I also think that Baskin & Robbin's does this as well. Just call around and find out if they do it and how much they charge. I remember reading on one of the threads that Walmart charges $5.

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 9

Appreciate the advice. icon_smile.gif

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 9

I'm guessing people probably have their own printers because it adds up to have to buy these images especially if they use several on the same cake. Some of those Dr. Seuss things you can draw on the edible paper too, because they look drawn anyways, not like a perfect cartoon character like Disney stuff.

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 9

Most places will do edible images for you,but not Dr.Suess,it is copyrighted.It would be against the law for them to do this.I would suggest chocolate,royal icing or,frozen buttercream transfer.I am a big fan of chocolate transfers they are super easy.

cakesnkisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesnkisses Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 9

how do you do chocolate tranfer?????

xstitcher Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:35pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesnkisses

how do you do chocolate tranfer?????

Here's a tutorial (there's another one around but I can't seem to find it yet). All the transfer's are very similiar just a different medium:

http://lovesweetlove.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/white-chocolate-transfer-tutorial/

xstitcher Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:39pm
post #8 of 9
nancysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancysmom Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:42am
post #9 of 9

thank you for the tutorial. Is this like color flow? or is it easier?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%