Stacked And Pillar Wedding Cake Please Help!!

Decorating By wildwolves Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 7:04pm by wildwolves

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, I'm pretty new to this site so i hope that i have posted in the right section!
I must say that CC is unreal and that i have learned so much from this site Thankyou Thankyou!!! icon_smile.gif

I have just been asked to do a friends wedding cake.. I have not accepted this challenge as yet as i am not sure how to go about stacking the cake..

The bride wants the top and middle teir stacked on top of each other and then pillars between the middle and bottom teir with peony roses between the pillars.. Does this make sense??? it does in my head lol.

I have never used pillars before and i am not to sure how to go about combining stacked cakes and pillars..
Does anyone have any ideas on what to use??
I also would interested in what size cakes to cook.. She needs the cake for 100 People..
Any help is much appriciated!!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 5

Yes! Definitely used SPS. You'll need a package of the regular GC-4AS legs and a package of the Multi-piece leg.

Check the Sticky at the top of the How Do I? Forum if you need more info.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 5

HEre's a pic of the set-up you're talking about: http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=364823

This cake was a dummy so the pillars are actually sitting on the cake, but I'd recommend push-in pillars, if you've never worked with pillars before.

Just think of the top two tiers as a regular 2-tier cake that you just HAPPEN to be placing on top of pillars over another cake. thumbs_up.gif

If using square cakes, a 6/8/10 serves 100 exactly (18/32/50).
If using round cakes, a 6/8/12 serves 92 (12/24/56).
A round 6/10/12 serves 106 (12/38/56).

wildwolves Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 5

Thankyou so much.. I have never bought the SPS before and don't even know if i can get them here Australia.. But ill check out the sticky as you suggested leah_s and hopefully i can get them here is OZ.

indydebi that is exactly the type of cake that i'm talking about.. The cakes will be round so i guess ill go with the 6/10/12 to have little extra cake just in case .. rather have more than not enough!!

Thanks so much for the tips thumbs_up.gif

wildwolves Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 5

Does anyone know where i can get the sps in Australia?
I've had a look online and i can't seem to find anything here in Oz.. icon_surprised.gif
If i cannot get them does anyone have any other suggestions on what to use??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%