Ideas Or Suggestions For Individual Cc's At A Craft Show

Baking By SimplyIced Updated 15 Oct 2009 , 1:47pm by sophie691

SimplyIced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIced Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 15

I have been accepted into my first craft show. I'm doing it to hopefully make some money selling cupcakes, as well as get my name out there for future business. Here's my question: I have boxes suitable for 1 dozen cupcakes, however I'm trying to come up with an affordable way to package one or two cupcakes. I'm sure that's how they will sell. Have any of you done this before and what do you suggest? I know they make the individual cupcake boxes, but I really don't want to spend the money on those. Hope you all can help! Thanks!!

14 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 15

I would get some treat bags from Hobby Lobby and a foamcore board. You can cut the foamcore board into squares the right size to fit in the bottom of the bag, and then set a cupcake in the bag and tie it with a ribbon. It would cost you $4 for the bags and board, and it would be enough to package 48 cupcakes. If you wanted to make it a bit fancier, cover the foamcore squares with foil or tissue paper.

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 15

I use a 9 oz. clear cup and a domed lid. I punch a 1" hole in the bottom of the cup with a grommet punch. (found a set in the scrapbooking section) This is actually easier than it sounds, and it makes cupcake removal easier.

SimplyIced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIced Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 15

Where can I find foamcore board?

hjustesen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hjustesen Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 15

I think you can buy foam core almost anywhere school supplies are sold. I'm pretty sure my grocery store used to have some in the office supply aisle (I haven't checked in years, but I'm sure they had it when I was in school.)

LittleBitsCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBitsCupcakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 15

if you use the foancore board idead maybe you could put a smidge if buttercream on the bottom to hold it in place! gl!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:07am
post #7 of 15

I buy clear 16 oz cups with matching lids from Sam's Club (very sturdy). You put the cupcake on the lid, which has a grove perfect for keeping them in place, and then cover it with the cup. It is like the cupcakes have their own display case and customers think they are great.

Here is a photo of my cupcakes in 20 oz cups. (I switched to 16 oz which is shorter and more convenient for travel.)

mom23kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23kids Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 15

Maryjsgirl...what a great idea!!!Moist looking cupcakes too!

11cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11cupcakes Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:49am
post #9 of 15

Nice idea, Maryjsgirl! This cupcakes would sell.Thanks for info on where to get clear cups, I'll go to get mine.
Where do you sell your cupcakes, Maryjsgirl?

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:41pm
post #10 of 15

Great ideas. I'm new to the board and I'm in awe!!!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 8:44pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11cupcakes

Nice idea, Maryjsgirl! This cupcakes would sell.Thanks for info on where to get clear cups, I'll go to get mine.
Where do you sell your cupcakes, Maryjsgirl?

I sell them at different farmers markets in my area.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:41pm
post #12 of 15

maryjsgirl, great idea and they would also have a cup to drink out of too.

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:03am
post #13 of 15

Thanks for the tip!

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:22am
post #14 of 15

Great ideas to individually pkg cupcakes-those boxes are really pricey!

sophie691 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophie691 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:47pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

I buy clear 16 oz cups with matching lids from Sam's Club (very sturdy). You put the cupcake on the lid, which has a grove perfect for keeping them in place, and then cover it with the cup. It is like the cupcakes have their own display case and customers think they are great.

Here is a photo of my cupcakes in 20 oz cups. (I switched to 16 oz which is shorter and more convenient for travel.)

Beautiful cupcakes. Mind if I asl what tip you used?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%