If You Had $150 To Spend, What Would You Buy?

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 11:08am by PattyT

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:33pm
post #31 of 48

cake boss for me!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:43pm
post #32 of 48

A Kitchenaid Mixer or an airbrush...top of the list.

OR a very large Roul-Pat silicone mat for rolling out fondant and a silicone rolling pin. LOVE mine. Both of those together will be about $100.

I buy cutters and pans as I need them for an order, and let the money from the order cover those costs.

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:46pm
post #33 of 48

CAKE BOSS!! And stock up on a few extra supplies (icing supplies, fondant,etc) to practice new techniques then let my husband enjoy the cake I made with his hard earned money icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:48pm
post #34 of 48

Cake Boss is a great program and I have it, but I found I was so entrenched in my already-established way of doing things that it was too hard to change. icon_sad.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:50pm
post #35 of 48

I just got that baby mold yesterday, and it is quite small, I must say I am a little disappointed, I thought it was a little bigger, those babies look bigger than my mold, anyway I am off to play with it to see what becomes of it.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:05am
post #36 of 48

My birthday is in September, too! The 13th. (Looks like December was a good month for some people. icon_wink.gif )

For $150, if I had to choose only caking items, I`d probably ask for (a) air brush with compressor, or (b) topsy turvy pans or (c) the cake leveller like Duff uses (that doesn`t screw up when you use it).

But I`ll be lucky to get a laptop board this year. Just bought a van.

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:14am
post #37 of 48

I would get an airbrush too!

But if an airbrush isn't an option, I would get lots of different shaped pans. Petal shaped, Hexagons, Ovals etc. icon_smile.gif

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 6:17pm
post #38 of 48

Happy Birthday to all you September babies.

My birthday is January 2nd; but I would ask for these items in the order below

1. Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
2. Edible Image Printer with the inks and icing sheets
3. Hexagon, Petal, and Heart Shaped Pans
4. Extra A********r gels
5. An Agbay

I know that is asking for alot but the Kitchenaid takes priority over everything else. We just moved about a month ago into our new house so that will have to come later.

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 6:30pm
post #39 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesha

Happy Birthday to all you September babies.

My birthday is January 2nd; but I would ask for these items in the order below

1. Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
2. Edible Image Printer with the inks and icing sheets
3. Hexagon, Petal, and Heart Shaped Pans
4. Extra A********r gels
5. An Agbay

I know that is asking for alot but the Kitchenaid takes priority over everything else. We just moved about a month ago into our new house so that will have to come later.

did u look on ebay? i've been watching a few lately and they are going at pretty reasonable prices(anything beats out of the store price)

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 6:53pm
post #40 of 48

Wow I had a mental list going in my head before I read all the answers...and great minds think alike. My Mum used to call it "mad money". $ you're free to spend whatever way you want...my list is similar to others.

In no particular order: Agbay, All SugarShack DVDs, airbrush, Cricut or Wishblade cutter...and one of those compass things so I can cut nicer circles for foamcore cake boards.

Now if it was lottery-type money? First class cabin on Cake Cruise and EVERY class!

Sigh....it's nice to dream.

...edited to add Cake Boss..I really love software that helps me..OH and Photoshop to draw stuff..

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:20pm
post #41 of 48

for me...either an airbrush or an edible printer icon_smile.gif happy gift choosing !!!!

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:22pm
post #42 of 48

oh yeah....agbay, of course icon_smile.gif....just need a few hundred spare !

wakeandbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakeandbake Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:38pm
post #43 of 48

a new tattoo! icon_lol.gif happy birthday!

kricket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kricket Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:42pm
post #44 of 48

Agbay, definitely.

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 8:02pm
post #45 of 48

icon_sad.gif Definitely, My little Sister's Health, She was Diagnose with Breast Cancer a Year ago, She's 31 yrs old now and She found a Lump,Last week. So, We are on a Edge waiting to see. What's going on, I pray that, It didn't come back.... icon_redface.gif That's What I would do.... thumbs_up.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:28am
post #46 of 48

OK, do you have a link to one of those compass things you mentioned? I too need help cutting better circles out of my foamcore

OregonCakeLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OregonCakeLady Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:43am
post #47 of 48

find a weekend that you can buy the airbrush and compressor for 40% or 50% off. Thats what I did this weekend but we still spent about $250.00 for a nice one. I love my airbrush!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 11:08am
post #48 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion56602

OK, do you have a link to one of those compass things you mentioned? I too need help cutting better circles out of my foamcore

I found a couple, but haven't tried any myself. I'd love to hear if anyone uses either of these, but didn't want to hijack this thread from it's original purpose. So I started a new one, it's called Foam Core Circle Cutter Recommendations.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%