How Do You Handle Donation Requests?

Business By HeidiCrumbs Updated 11 Nov 2013 , 9:37pm by mushroomhead

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 9:11pm
post #31 of 32

I am just appalled by some of your experiences! I've always been one to be very, very careful about charity donations of any kind because frankly I think a lot of "charities" are spending most of the money on their "adminstative costs". However, the firm I work for hosts a Ronald McDonald House dinner every month and I usually bake something for that. Since we actually go and help serve the dinner, we know that the food is actually being consumed by the RMH residents and not being carted off by some "worthy" volunteer! Of course I'm just a hobby baker - not looking for any business contacts.

mushroomhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushroomhead Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 9:37pm
post #32 of 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie59 

I am just appalled by some of your experiences! I've always been one to be very, very careful about charity donations of any kind because frankly I think a lot of "charities" are spending most of the money on their "adminstative costs". However, the firm I work for hosts a Ronald McDonald House dinner every month and I usually bake something for that. Since we actually go and help serve the dinner, we know that the food is actually being consumed by the RMH residents and not being carted off by some "worthy" volunteer! Of course I'm just a hobby baker - not looking for any business contacts.

This thread caught my attention because I am about to start making meals for my local Ronald McDonald House.  I cant wait to make a cute cake to brighten everyones day. You see I was recently one of the people taking advantage of their services.  My baby was born with a heart defect and only survived 23 days.  I encourage everyone to donate their leftover product to their local Ronald McDonald House Charity.  The people using these services have seriously ill children and would love a special treat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%